1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Drum strap and tie

Discussion in '"Today in History", Literature & Media Review' started by Pilgrim53, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Pilgrim53 Active Member

I am doing a conversion using Historex parts; drummer. Can anybody help with how the drum is secured to the strap. Have rousselot plates which show the strap and the tie on the end; does it just use that tie on to drum cords?
  2. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    These are photos of a replica French drum which show a reverse hook on the upper hoop of the drum, and a simple eye on the shoulder belt.
    No doubt there were probably more sophisticated methods at the time, but it looks totally workable to me.
    s-l500.jpg s-l500-1.jpg
    Cheers,
    Andrew
  3. Pilgrim53 Active Member

Brilliant, as you say a simple solution and easily replicated in 54mm; thanks much appreciated.
  4. RVM.Historex.2016 New Member

United-States
    I found this in one of my old Historex catalogs. Note illustration in upper-left corner.

Attached Files:

5. Pilgrim53 Active Member

Great spot, have all Historex back catalogues believe it or not. Much obloged
  6. RVM.Historex.2016 New Member

United-States

Certainly. No worries.
  7. prhayes68 Active Member

United-States
    Foot Guards Corps of Drums use the same method these days. There's a hook on the back of the drum which gets placed through the metal eye on the end of the cross belt. Pretty simply method.

Pete