1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Drover,Mesopotamia

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by amcairns, Nov 20, 2009.

1. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Gidday All,
    Here,s a start on a bust duo in 1/10.An Anzac with horse,Mesopotamia/Middle East 1915.The basics have been hewn out but there is alot to go yet.comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I like what you have so far Andy.
  3. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very nice - that's what i like to see, sculpting straight from the horses mouth! ;)
  4. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Goodness there's no stopping you mate!

Neat looking composition potential, lovin the smile on the drover's face & the gentle nuzzle coming through on the horse already.

Well done Andy, always inventive.

Mike
  5. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    This looks very promising Andy.

What head gear do you intend to put on the rider?
  6. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Guy,Gordy,Mike and Tony,
    Thanks for the comments.There is still a long way to go on this project but will chip away at it.
    Tony, i hope to make optional brimmed hats , one full brimmed the other with one side up.I might try a pith helmet as well but will see how it goes.
    Cheers
    Andy
  7. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Great stuff Andy.
    Carl.
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    i hope it is not a one off.
    It has alot off potential for us WW 1 figure lovers.
    Marc
  9. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Keep them soft and coming Andy before you get them hard and running :D

You're a road runner matey!!!

Ray ;)
  10. kansas kid Well-Known Member

United-States
    A touching scene

Great idea for this piece. A scene we are all aware of but rarely think about
    since it isn't violent action. A very touching piece. . . and clever of you to
    decide on this kind of an idea. I'll be eager to see it come together.

Rick
  11. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Andy, an excellent idea for a sculpt, great facial expression and superb work on the horse head. Will follow with interest.

Cheers Ken
  12. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Carl,Marc,Rick,Rej and Ken,
    Thanks for the comments.The next thing to do is work on preparing the horse for Bridle and tack which means finishing the horse bust itself.
    The idea for the base will probabbly be a horse shoe shape with a curved peice of brass rod joining the horse to the base.I think its importent to have a good amount of space between base and bust to give a certain height of the horse.the plan also is to have the figure bust "hang' from the horses side while the horse bears the weight of the rider .What do you reckon.
    Andy
  13. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Looks good so far Andrew,looking forward for updates!!
    chris
  14. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Gidday,
    some more work on both man and beast.Comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

15. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Andy,

By the looks of it you're getting set to add the 9 pouch leather bandalero? So he's either Aust. Light Horse or NZ Mounted Infantry, right?
  16. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Tony,
    he,s looking that way.I,ve met Barry O,Sullivan a local historian and a wealth of knowledge on the NZMR.Im going to take a lot of ideas from him and his comprehensive books.
    andy
  17. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Gidday All,
    Here,s a start on the hats ,beginning with the most difficult the Pith helmet or Wolsely hat.It took between 8 to 10 hours to complete this far.With a project like this its probably better to start with the most difficult peices first and work your way through them.Comments welcome.
    andy

Attached Files:

18. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Great fun this WIP!! Hard to tell from the photos, but is the upper arm [shoulder to elbow] on the right side (the lowered arm) in proportion with the same bit of the raised arm? Photos can be misleading and just a suggestion.

All the best,
    Dan
  19. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Dan,
    Hopefully i took that into consideration as the shoulder and arm was raised.will check again with a pair of dividers.the thing is I,ve started working on the sleeve already !!.
    Andy
  20. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    The rotator-cuff/clavicle at that pose is indeed tricky!