1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Just Bought! Dremel Work Station 220

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Graham, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Graham A Fixture

England
    Getting fed up of trying to hold something and freehand drill holes into it with my Dremel 3000, I decided to invest in a drill stand. This is not a heavy duty drill press but as a unit it has some nice features.

There is an extending column with hook to hold drill when using a flexi shaft. The head has easy adjustment for height and a comfortable pull down lever. The head will rotate 90° to one side so the drill is on its side making cut off discs, sanding drums and polishing wheels easy to use while holding the piece you are working on with both hands.

An easily set depth stop makes plunging with a bur or router bit easy as is set depth drilling. I think for just over £30, this is going to be a great asset to me.

39225CEF-1997-4D28-8647-89685CA9D294.jpeg
    swralph and Viking Bob like this.
  2. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Well that's cool as all get out Graham!

I've given thought to getting one especially for drilling on those sloped bases for busts. I take it that it can hold various Dremel models?

Joe
    Graham likes this.
  3. Graham A Fixture

England
    It is specified for the 2000, 3000 and 4000. So long as you use it within its limitations, it is a great tool. Some reviews mention that, being plastic, it does flex a bit. This is true but it is not designed or intended for heavy duty work. It would indeed be great for angled bases, it gives great control.
  4. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    I've got the 4000 so, cool that'll work. Thanks for the info Graham.

Joe
  5. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom

Looks like I am coming to you for drilling LOL
    Nap and Graham like this.
  6. Graham A Fixture

England

That’s right, give me all the boring jobs :(........ :ROFLMAO:
  7. Mark Dollery Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Uncanny Graham, just bought the self same unit from a recent visit to York....o_O

funny what you come back with when you go sightseeing.....:whistle:
    glad it got a thumbs up! (y)
    Mark D
    Graham likes this.
  8. Graham A Fixture

England
    Great minds think alike (don’t know why I am included then), certainly opens up the Dremel. Next up will be a flexi shaft as it can hang from the drill stand. (y)
  9. Mark Dollery Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Ahh, one up on you there Graham... as I have one already, really useful...
    Hope to set the stand up at the weekend...
    Mark D.
    Graham likes this.