1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Dolman Miniatures......Coming soon

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by EDUARDO SANCHEZ BARBERO, Aug 30, 2014.

1. YDGIN, Tonton and gforceman like this.
  2. swralph A Fixture

Very nice release.
  3. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Very nice sculpt
  4. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    Great sculpting, but looks like something i know !
    [IMG]
  5. Waterman Active Member

That is a blatant copying of someone's work. Disgraceful . The substitution of a sword for a pistol does not in my opinion make it acceptable.
  6. frank h Well-Known Member

England
    Hi I think the idea is a copy
    and cant see any harm in it
    Lots of figures have very similar poses
    Just my take on it

Frank
  7. Cuando salió al mercado la figura de mi amigo Graham, esta figura ya estaba hecha, no podía dejarla en un baúl
    Fue una coincidencia
  8. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    Entiendo español, es normal porque vivo en el País Vasco, a la frontera española. Pero en este blog, el idioma oficial es el Inglés, así que traduzco para aquellos que no entienden Castellano:
    So i translate for those how not understand spanish:
    When was released the figure of my friend Graham, this figure was already made, I could not leave her in a trunk
    It was a coincidence !
  9. Many thanks for traslation
    My english is bad
    SORRY
  10. Waterman Active Member

Carl Reids figures have a character all of their own, and I think that this is just a bit too close for comfort. Had the arm holding the pistol been just altered to a different position then you could have perhaps got away with it, even though this figure had already been sculpted, it would have been possible before releasing. I think that you have now shot both of yourselves in the foot with regards to sales. Pity as there is so much to inspire out there which hasn't been portrayed, even though the subjects are the same.
  11. akaryu Moderator

Belgium
    A charging cuirassier will look very much like another charging cuirassier, which seems quite logic to me. So where's the need to get one's feathers ruffled by the likeness?
    Wings5797 and Tonton like this.
  12. Waterman Active Member

OK fair enough if that's what you want, all the figures to look like clones of each other. Myself I look forward to the new releases, and to them having a bit of individuality . I also feel a bit for the manufacturers who could say why bother putting hard earned cash into producing something new, I will let someone else produce it, and then copy the idea slightly. I am not ruffling feathers akaryu, but just stating where I am coming from as someone who buys and supports the hobby.
  13. Waterman Active Member

OK fair enough if that's what you want, all the figures to look like clones of each other. Myself I look forward to the new releases, and to them having a bit of individuality . I also feel a bit for the manufacturers who could say why bother putting hard earned cash into producing something new, I will let someone else produce it, and then copy the idea slightly. I am not ruffling feathers akaryu, but just stating where I am coming from as someone who buys and supports the hobby.
  14. Waterman Active Member

Sorry I pad playing up, didn't mean to repeat myself.
  15. jositomanito Active Member

United-States
    Perhaps a double-bust composition on a single base.........
    faces and expression are different, arms are different.......
    I like the idea of a cavalry charge............
    Regards. Jm.
  16. Waterman Active Member

I thought that was the original idea, just hope it still happens.
  17. I made a transformation of the figure
    A Carabinier
    But I could not leave her in a trunk
  18. Gra30 PlanetFigure Supporter

It's ok, I don't mind, duplicates are inevitable.
    I know not my thread but as my bust has been posted on here I think only fair to say where it is from
    www.cgsmilitaryfigures.co.uk
    I will say there are 2 more cuirassier busts coming from me to compliment the original

Mine are 1/9 where this is 1/12
    Best wishes