1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

David Grieve /CGS 90mm resin why not on website

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by CGS military figures, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Hi all,
    This is just a quick one to explain why I have temporarily dropped the 90mm, and a couple of 110mm off the website

It has been gradual and now the metal moulds are now going, I think a time to go resin.

I kept the 90mm range going in metal, as a tribute to David as that is what he did, I remoulded several times using the same metal and vents exactly the same as I still have davids original moulds, although brittle teach a lot :). I still hand pour but making a good 2 piece metal mould takes time. For a small company, metal figures are few and far between on sales and many I think would like to see them in resin, which has never been done.

So, I'm going to re do the figures in resin, of course, anything I feel should be in metal will continue to be, as are my busts of today, but wanted to explain why they are not there now.

My DFG range is what started me and a big investment so please do not think these will not become available, please give me a little time and I will trickle them out. The bonus is that once resin cast, prices will also drop so hopefully a new range of collectors will like them, or equally some will have metal and resin versions.

The 110mm just need to be tidied up on photo images, a few parts moulded again so they will be back and the full range at Euro.

Thank you, I know it's not figure news as such but as the DFG seems to be liked and I think traditional as such, I wanted to explain.
    Best wishes and thanks
    Gra
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Nice post Gra ...good to have an explanation ..definately news!

Nap
    anstontyke and peedee like this.
  3. Kevindunne Active Member

United-States
    Thanks...will be awaiting their re-issue.
  4. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great Move Gra.

If David was starting today, he would surely be producing in resin himself for many reasons, I applaud you for this.
    Updating/modernising is a forward thinking step and preserves some true classics.

A big thumbs up from me for this.
    Paul
    anstontyke, Huw63 and MalcC like this.
  5. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Practical and sensible
    (y)
    anstontyke, Huw63 and peedee like this.
  6. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Agreed(y) David's work was always of the highest order.

Alan
    anstontyke, peedee and Huw63 like this.
  7. Huw63 A Fixture

Thanks for the communication. Great idea to let people know what is happening and to kill any rumours from spreading. Also a great idea to move to resin and preserve some fantastic pioneering pieces.

Cheers

Huw
    anstontyke, smudger1960 and peedee like this.
  8. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I have the RHA officer in resin and it's a beautiful casting by Graham,I'm sure all the others will be top notch as well
  9. Mat Lambert A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Glad to hear this range is going to continue. And thanks for posting the news Gra.
    Cheers
    Mat
  10. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Great news. David's work remains the gold standard, even after all these years.
    anstontyke and OldTaff like this.
  11. steve goldsmith New Member

These are outstanding figures, and its nice to see British Napoleonics
    its a shame that there are comparatively few good castings.
    It would be nice these examples could be downscaled to 54mm
    anstontyke and OldTaff like this.