1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Daramis (completed)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Eludia, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hey again folks,

I'm calling this one done now although I have noticed she's a bit cross-eyed so I might go back in to correct that. She is from Andrea Miniatures (Warlord Series) in 54mm and is called Draramis, Healing Light which is a bit of a mouthful so I prefer plain old Daramis :)

This an old resurrected project that failed miserably first time around so I decided this time to try something a little bit different and portray her in a more natural setting. She has a new right hand and weapon made from Super Sculpey and I also replaced the left hand which looked massively out of proportion compared to the rest of the figure (I used a 1/35 scale Hornet hand which looked about right).

She is painted in oils with printers ink for metals. Groundwork is mostly natural materials foraged from the kitchen cupboards and outdoors. It was a really enjoyable project second time around and I learned a lot from it.

Anyhoo, enough waffling, here are some pics:

1-DSC_0899.JPG 2-DSC_0900.JPG 3-DSC_0901.JPG 4-DSC_0902.JPG 5-DSC_0903.JPG

As always, comments and critique are most welcome. Thanks for tuning in :)

p.s. I love the base, if anyone can give me a clue which tree it comes from I'd really appreciate it. I picked it up from Oakwood Studios at FigureWorld.
  2. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    First the base is really a "tree", it is part of the semen of a special australian tree "Banksia grandis". Have a look here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banksia )
    Not bad what I can see, but I can´t see where she is cross-eyed. I am always "proud" if I can paint by my 54 mm figures the eyes and then "cross-eyed" ;)
    Eludia likes this.
  3. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    She looks great Billy (y)(y)(y)
    Eludia likes this.
  4. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks Ulrich, mystery solved :)
    garyhiggins likes this.
  5. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cheers Gary, much appreciated :)
    garyhiggins likes this.
  6. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    "not a tree" would be correct ;) I have used that semen often for my shop and some figures from me, but it is not easy to get. But after I had seen it here, I search again and think will buy some of them :)
    Eludia likes this.
  7. swralph A Fixture

Nice work all round Billy.
    Eludia likes this.
  8. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Ralph :)
  9. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Beautiful work Billy
    Well done Mate........5 colour pallet?
    All the very best,
    Keith
    Eludia likes this.
  10. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    You did a good job, specially the groundwork.(y)

Cheers,
    Pedro.
    Eludia likes this.
  11. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Keith :)

I used a few more colours on this one. I'm using a six colour palette at the minute (warm and cool primaries) with a few convenience colours on standby, mainly earth tones. It's about 12 tubes in total, including white. For this figure I probably used 7-8 of them.

I foolishly spent about £18 on a tube of Cobalt Turquoise and then ended up mixing my own (better imho) turquoise tones so that will probably sit in the box unused .... forever, I never learn :(
  12. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Pedro :)
  13. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    She looks very ethereal and nice choice of colours.
    Cheers
    John
    Eludia likes this.
  14. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cheers John :)