1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

D.F.Grieve 100mm - Trooper, 1st Life Guards 1833

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by MCPWilk, Oct 22, 2017.

1. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Does anyone know who got the master and moulds for this figure?

D.F.Grieve 100mm -  Trooper, 1st Life Guards 1833.jpeg

I asked David at last year's Euromilitaire, but he had no idea. Neither Bonaparte's nor CGS Military Figures, the ultimate final destination of David's figures, seem to have this figure available.

Mike
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    I woukd have gone for CGS also but not obviously

Perhaps Foxwood , I know they bought a lot f moulds of other companies ?

Sorry can't be more helpful

Nap
  3. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Hi Mike, I have this in the grey army, it is number 16 in the series and the last that David did in this range to the best of my knowledge. I've never seen another one or a painted version. As a figure it is pretty much straight up and down and not very eye catching, I imagine it wasn't a big seller. I assume from your picture you also have one?

Keith
  4. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I picked up a poorly painted version from eBay a year os so ago, stripped and dissembled it. I don't have the instructions though. It's odd but I think this is the only one of his 100mm figures not to re-surface.

Mike
  5. prhayes68 Active Member

United-States
    Hi Mike,

Someone told me (I forget who) that Bonapartes had the master but I've never seen the figure on their site.

Pete
  6. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
  7. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Every Grieve figure but the one I posted about!

Mike
  8. Chris H New Member

United-Kingdom
    Deborah Raymond took some of the DF Grieves nearing the time Bonapartes took some, the Wellington, Bonaparte and Blucher, she may well have it, not sure how you get hold of her now? here apparently
    http://www.militaryfigures.co.uk/