1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Culloden Highlander

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Jazz, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Jazz A Fixture

England
    This is my Culloden Highlander made by Kirin. This is my second attempt at the 120mm figure as I bought it when it first came out many years ago. This was a tribute piece to the late great illustrator Rick Scollins who is still sadly missed by us all.

I bought this piece a couple of years ago and it is quite rare to get hold of these days. I have used different mediums but mainly oils and acrylics.

I hope you like it and as always I welcome your comments.

005.jpg 006.jpg 007.jpg
    Blind Pew, sarouman, Tommi and 8 others like this.
  2. Ferris A Fixture

Excellent job John! Nice clean painting and neat merger with the base. I mean merger of the kit's base with the wood base...
    Maybe the tartan could have a little more shading, but it being tartan it is hard enough already to paint so this is a minor thing. Maybe some carefully controlled blackish washes in the shades will do the trick. If you feel like it of course.

This is indeed a rare piece by now. I saw it at a show recently where the seller wanted 120 Euros for it! It wasn't sold eventually, but he didn't want to bargain either.

Cheers,
    Adrian
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    I'm painting this figure at the moment. Unfortunally I bought a recast without knowing it. I shall not show it here, i believe it will give more recasters the idea that there stuff sell......

But mine is not so good as yours, missing some parts if i look right, the sword is not so nice...
    So never buy a recast.

John,,,,did some remarkeble painting on this one... Great.

Marc
  4. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Nice work John, I like the tartan very much.:)
  5. sam b Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    nice work John
  6. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    A classic figure, well painted.
  7. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Indeed, nice work John (y)
  8. christophe New Member

United-States
  9. Brad S Member

John - that looks very good. I like the base and the whole display. I know how hard it is to paint a tartan. You have done a good job in my opinion. My own feeble attempts were mediocre. I am lucky to have one of these kits in my possession.

Brad Spelts