1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"Crusaders" - 90mm Vigniette - 2 mounted 1 foot - many pics

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Major_Goose, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    [IMG]

Hi guys . I hope you are all well.

This is my last finished project and possibly for some time ahead, as business obligations force me to work more in the office and also travel some in the mext 2 months

I dont know if this happens to you but, when i have an idea to make a scene - a vigniette - some times i pass over easily and some times i stick on it for a long time thinking a again and again how to do it. in the second case, this means that i really wanna do it .

This was a similiar situation....

[IMG]

Since i always had a preference in Crusades and the Knights of them , i wanted to do a scene, of Crusaders have re -conquered a castle , and the scene after the battle.

[IMG]

It was more pictorial in my mind, that having recreated a specific scene or a specific battle. I just wanted to recreate the feeling of the moment.

[IMG]

I tried to leave more or less the scenery in a second role, and paint it in "doomy " colours (maybe influenced a bit from the movie "300" ? ..I dont know )

The 90mm models are all from the range of Pegaso , and 3 World Class sculptors

The foot Crusader from Andrea Jula

The mounted Templar from Gianni La Rocca (one of the most appealing mounted figures i have ever seen !)

The new mounted Teutonic Knight from Victor Konnov that i converted to a Crusader with the change of a head, some sculpting and other additions

The scenery represents the outer part of a castle , a yard with some external stairway, and its all sculpted in epoxy putty.

The wooden base has dimestions 15 x 20 cm exactly and the finished vigniette weights about 7,5 kgr.

Since this project was first routed to be reality last October till its finishing, yesterday, i want to thank for their help, tips and advice, and motivating, after i shared my plan, my good friends Andrea Jula, and Pietro Balloni from Pegaso.

Without their help this project could nothave been finished, or maybe even started....

And of course Pegaso for making such brilliant miniatures !

Time to leave the talking and let you seen , what took me hundreds of hourse to finish .

I hope you want get bored seeing them all, as you always ask for more pictures !!!!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

more....

Attached Files:

2. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
  3. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
  4. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
  5. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    the last ones...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

thanks a lot for your patience and comments

Costas
  6. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Looks ... a lot of work my friend!!!
    Very very good-poses karteles xapia pires?
    christos
  7. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks a lot Chris .

Ligmeno galataki mono re file tipota allo!!
  8. periklis_sale Member

Greece
    Patrida ta ligmena ua ta paroyme emeis!!!!

Fantastic work my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What can i say, as the Greek song says: Ta logia einai peritaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!
  9. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks a lot Peri . I just wanted to do it
  10. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    WOOW My friend
    Great Figures - Great plan - Great job you have created one beautiful atmosphere ......... Compliments ;)
    Hour under with the jobs....... :) :D
    Saluti MAB
  11. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks a lot Maurizio my friend . i twas really a big task for me , but i loved doing it !!!!!
  12. daniel Well-Known Member

France
    Hello Costa,

Really very beautifuk paint and job ...
    I'm afaraid to paint a 90 mm because of the big size ... And you have paint 3 and 2 mounted !!!
    Congratulation really ... O)

All best

Daniel
  13. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks a lot Daniel !!!!
  14. vergilius New Member

Belgium
  15. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
  16. Akritis Active Member

Greece
    It is a very nich job. I like very much the bleand of colors that you chose. The one mounted Knight is Pegaso, but i do non Know anything about the other. Is it a transformation?
    Be good and keep up good job.
  17. dinovision79 Active Member

Hi Costas,

great compostion, very theatrical, all the painting, the scene and the figres are suberb!

Denes
  18. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    George thanks a lot for your commenting. The second Knight is the Teutonic Kn ight of Pehaso by Viktor Konnov, converted to a Templar, with a change of a head and some other changes and resculpting .
  19. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Denes hi and thanks . This was my intention to have some drama and Theatrical feeling . Since you mention it , i may have succeed a bit !!!!
  20. nektar Member

Greece
    Absolutely Great Work .......!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Re brother ti aeras fysaei sthn Io an einai na metakomisoume ki emeis ekei.
    Oso gia thn farmakeytikh agogh pes ma ti pineis esy kai den mas dineis .....

Apisteytos .......?????????