1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Crusader, Kingdom of Jerusalem

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by JGREEN, Oct 12, 2008.

1. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    I just got home from the Chicago show and, as usual, it was a great time! I enjoyed seeing all the familiar faces and meeting a few new folks as well. I finished my latest figure the day before I left so I didn't have time to post any pics here prior to the trip. So, here are a few pics of my latest. Thanks for looking!

Jason

Attached Files:

• 014.JPG
      014.JPG
      File size:
      78.1 KB
      Views:
    • 011.JPG
      011.JPG
      File size:
      63.5 KB
      Views:
    • 012.JPG
      012.JPG
      File size:
      57.3 KB
      Views:
    • 013.JPG
      013.JPG
      File size:
      69.3 KB
      Views:
    tissibzh likes this.
  2. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very good painting,compliments!!!
    christos
  3. Hardy Guest

Superb work, thats got to be one of the best renditions of that figure I've seen. Hardy
  4. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Jason.Beautiful painting.I agree with Hardy.It is also the best rendition I seen too of this figure.

Kind regards John.
  5. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Jason, add me on with Hardy and John as I totally agree its the best redition of this figure I've seen.......Superb!!

Ray ;)
  6. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    well done !! excellent painting
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Jason,

My compliments for this great painted figure.

Marc
  8. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Fantastic painted figure Jason!! Love the blue color.
  9. dimgall Active Member

Greece
    great painting!!
  10. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jason, another stunner my friend! Glad to hear Chicago turned out well. How many golds did you pull down? Did anyone we know do any good? Give us a short run-down if you can. I sure wish I could have been there!

Jay H.
    OKC
  11. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

I saw this in person at the show.....these pictures do not convey just how well done this figure is painted. Well done,Sir.
  12. Bad91Fellow Member

Germany
    Wow thats a reat figure! i love the blues!
    yours
  13. Wendy Active Member

United-States
    I too saw this one at the show. I particularly like the work on the hair and the weathering.

It was nice to meet you Jason. :)
  14. daniel Well-Known Member

France
    Good

Very good paint on a beautiful model

Daniel
  15. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Jason:

Pleasure getting a chance to chat with you this weekend. I agree, the photo does not do the piece justice. The entire collection was outstanding including the gold winning Murat. Well done. And thanks for the advice on painting metals and white.

Cheers
    Paul
  16. moore Active Member

United-States
    Jason,

It was good to see you again. I will echo the same thing as everyone else who saw
    this figure..it is even better in person. As usual.. what you brought to Chicago was
    just outstanding. Thanks on taking the time to chat with me and taking a look at my
    Minute Man. Also the tips on highlights and shadows, I am going to try that on my
    next figure.
    I hope you can make it to our Atlanta show.
    As Paul has said.. congrats on your gold medal, well deserved.

Dee
  17. SPrimeau Active Member

United-States
    Jason very nice job! The entire display was incredible. I really liked the blues of the cloak and the work with the heraldry. Very nice!
    Scott
  18. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Superb painting very nice muted colours.

David
  19. jjgurk Member

United-States
    Jason, As has been said, the photos don't do justice to the quality of this and the other pieces that you had on display at the show. A great pleasure to meet you and enjoy your work up close. Truly inspirational 'art in miniature'.

John
  20. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    Christos, Hardy, John, Ray, Vergilius, Marc, Marcel, Dimgall, Jay, Steve, Lennart, Wendy, Daniel, Paul, Dee, Scott, David and John:

Thanks for the kind comments!

Jay - Tulsa show regulars included Fletcher, Doug, Rick Rutter, Anders, John Long and Chris Mrosko with gold medals all around (dont quite recall if John got gold or silver). Anders earned a gold in the open division (very impressive) and Chris earned his first gold in the painters division (congrats Chris!). As I'm sure you've heard by now, BOS went to Mike Blank for his Joan of Arc box dio.
    Wendy - nice to meet you as well
    Paul - likewise
    Dee - nice seeing you too. I hope my tips are beneficial
    John - the pleasure was mine. Your diorama was very impressive.

Jason