1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

CREMONA 69 A.D. 75mm Roman Diorama

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Major_Goose, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Hello Guys. It has been a while since i have posted anything . The truth is that from June i was working on this project .

[IMG]

A scene from the battle of Cremona at 69 A.D. with 7 Roman figures

[IMG]

5 of them are Pegaso stock kits , and the rest 2 (dead, and Gladiator at Emperors service) are scratched - modified by me (so be gentle !)

The painting is all in acrylics, with olis for leathers, and printers inks for metals

The ground work is a Seil kit called Ruins, that was expanded, re arranged and modified for my needs .

Dimensions are 24 wide x 19 depth x 25 height in cm's

I just hope you like it as i invested lots of hours in this one .

Before showing the pictures (that are not the best ones, due to some internal lighting damage i have at the lab ) i want to thank the following gentlemen for supporting the project

Marco Guliani for his endless historical knowledge and willingness to help me

Davide Deccina for supporting me morally

Pietro Balloni for his advices and ...all kinds of help you can imagine

and last but not least

Luca Marchetti for supporting me in all kinds of things a real friend can do

The Protagonists
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

more....

Attached Files:

2. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    The Scene

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

more...
  3. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Thanks for beeing patient - feel free to shoot me !!!

Costas :-H
  4. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    So finally here it is.... I have to admit my friend Costas for once again you surpise us pleasantly with this great vignette. Excellent scenery,colorful, with a lot and big figures. Congratulations amico.

Xenofon
  5. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    thanks a lot my friend. It took ..some time ......
  6. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
  7. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    Costas,
    This is an impressive achievement. Obviously many, many hours went into this. Congratulations!

Jason
  8. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks a lot Stephen
  9. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks a lot Jason . Yes , a lot of hours, but i didnt count them , for my mental health !!!
  10. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Costas,
    Just AWESOME. You just get better and better, and continue to be one of my mentors.
    Cheers,
    John
    John
  11. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Dear John thanks a lot for the compliments . i dont think that i deserve to be a mentor , but is definately good if my work can inspire even one person. Best regards
  12. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    G'day Costas

Well done mate, your time has been well spent. The painting is first class.

Could you tell me the story behind this vignette? What is happening, who are these guys and what has just happened?

Cheers
  13. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Hi Tony . Is a scene from the battle of Cremona at 69 A.D. between three Roman emperors , to gain power. There all kinds of soldiers were used , like legionares, Praetorians, even Gladiators. After some Ancient bombing we have some ruins , a dead soldier, and a staff gathering for the next moves . Thats it

Thanks for your time
  14. ilija Member

Costas my friend....how you say to me...clever idea....it is very nice...i like all of them....You spent very much hours but finally results is impresiv....today I start to painting my first 70mm figure....

Cheers
  15. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Costas

That is an incredible amount of work and very well done. I have all these figures myself with the same intensions in mind but just never got round to making a start.

Very impressed:)

Regards
    Tommi
  16. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Dear Ilija , i am happy that you like it . 70 - 75 mm figures are the best for me because they offer detail in a good price. My wishes for a good result !!
  17. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Dear Tommi hi and thanks . To be honest if i knew exactly the amount of work i was about to spend, i dont know if i would start again !!! But now that is finished i am more calm . All these figures are pieces of art so paint them even separate or in smaller vigniettes
  18. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Costas,
    I think that the picture's brake down all your work. The light is so hard that the colors are not as they should be. So, no comments on that, i know your work.
    The base, well, as always awesome.
    Then, my critism (o, why, again???).
    I see just the romans looking: to what???? No interaction between them The dead man, well i don't know what he is doing there besides laying dead.
    So, that's my only critism. Sorry.....

Marc
  19. eissteban Active Member

France
    hi Costas
    another hit :)
    I didn't know this story, the scene is excellent
    bravo

Seb.
  20. Excatlon Active Member

Poland