1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Cowboy update

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by davidmitchell, Feb 18, 2009.

1. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Hi guys just managed to get some more photos of my cowboy. Still some things still to finish gloves,guns and a few small details.This has been a long project due to other commitments, but hope to have him complete by the weekend so that I can start the Trapper.Western figures seem to be very popular just now, with lots of very nice examples on Planet just now. Hope you like him so far.

Cheers David

Attached Files:

2. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful work David! The colors are muted, realistic, and perfect! Nice leather on the chaps; but then, it's all nice!

Jason
  3. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Superb David,

The details are incredible. Lovely muted colours, subtle blending and leather effects.

I hope the shirt buttons will be a different colour from the shirt.
  4. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Thanks Jason and Tony for your kind words. Tried to give him a dirty worn look without over doing it.

David
  5. moskowa Well-Known Member

Italy
    paint very fine!! good job, the colour horse realistic!

davide
  6. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very nice work David! This should prove to be a popular figure! You guys are setting the bar quite high for future painters.

Is it me or does this guy look a tad like Sam Elliot from the left side?
    Jay H.
    OKc
  7. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent work so far David.
  8. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Thanks Davide,Jay and Guy for your positive feedback.

David
  9. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    A thing to behold
  10. mario Active Member

Brazil
    Excellent work David

Congratulations

Mario
  11. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very good so far my friend!!!
    christos
  12. Robert Laclavik Active Member

Czech-Republic
    Fantastic painting David, I like the ground work, it´s kind a little valley, looks wonderfull and supports brilliant and very relistic painting. I see no mistakes,or week places in your painting. A show stopper for sure...
    best regards
    R.L.
  13. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This is all coming together very Nice David, the shading and higlights are excellent as is the the detail on the horse, hope to see this one close up sometime this year.
    Cheers
    Tommi
  14. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Cracking paint job Davy .Look forward to seeing him finished me old mucker.
    Brian
  15. carl reid A Fixture

England
    Another great painting job Davy!!

Carl
  16. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Amazing painted David.
    Great work.

Marc
  17. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Hi David, dramatically painted and a super!! piece, just one small point I wanted to mention and by no means criticism - the sculpting has put the rider at a position of a cantor or faster moving as his jacket is flowing rather in the fashion or a near gallop - considering that the horse is traversing down a slop I would just think that the jacket tails would be hanging straight down, not in much movement - just a thought, as it is the impression I get from the figures demeanor.

Thanks very much for posting and look very much forward to the completed masterpiece.

RobH.
  18. dimgall Active Member

Greece
    excellent progress!
  19. Don Well-Known Member

Saw this figure last week when it was not as far on as now. Let me tell you the photos dont really do the painting justice. A wonderful bit of work Dave, your groundwork just fits the horse and rider and the whole piece looks superb.
    Don
  20. ATTİLA the HUN Well-Known Member

Turkey
    Dave, great progress. I lıke your comboy and specially basework.
    I'M looking forward. Nice work so far.