1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Cossack

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by amcairns, Jun 6, 2011.

1. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello All,
    Yet another project but with the help of Martin Rohmann.A Kuban Cossack bust in 1/10.The hat will detach and will probably make a second to compare.comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

theBaron, pipetrepid, akaryu and 5 others like this.
  2. akaryu Moderator

Belgium
    Looks excellent so far Andy!!! (y)(y)(y) A much welcome subject indeed!

cheers,
    piet
  3. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nice Andy! :)

BTW, Martin Rohmann was just looking for one of these!
  4. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Hi Andy!

As I have already mailed you, this becomes a wonderful bust!

It gives to me great pleasure to work - even indirectly - on it.

A few more tiny details rework and this becomes a top bust!
    (Have you got my list?)

However - I MUST have a copy, please!!!

Cheers
  5. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Looking good so far Andy.

Cheers David
  6. krugliy80 New Member

United-States
    hi all hi Andy. Great work. whats period this cossack? if you need inf about this i can take it you. but now i see 5 mistakes in this bust.
  7. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Thanks for the comments guys,Dmitri ,Im aware there are mistakes,tell me what they are.Martin ,thanks for the email list of corrections.Will post more later.
    Andy
  8. krugliy80 New Member

United-States
    1 error - too high collar.
    2 on the bottom shirt - beshmet , the line should be visible.
    3 wrong gazyri - the ornaments sewed on a breast. If this time for 1 world war that their quantity has to be-12 from each party. They should be completely stitched. But not to the middle as at you.
    4 in this kind it approaches for 2 world more, but the collar should be reduced.
    5 I will not understand that for sausage along the edges cherkesska ? 6 if it is 2 world war the cap - kubanka should be less.
    akaryu and Martin Rohmann like this.
  9. krugliy80 New Member

United-States
    if you want send me you e male adress and i send you many foto whith coments .I don't reproach you simply I want to help you. This theme is very close to me. I the Kuban Cossack. And my ancestors were the Kuban Cossacks.
    akaryu and gordy like this.
  10. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Outstanding! How about a side view, Andy?

All the best,
    Dan
  11. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Thanks for Your advices, remember please, the photo is wip and "we" work on it.

There can be, by the way, absolutely also more than six on every side - also in 1WK. This is a original-Tcherkesska from 1916...:

[IMG]

However, with the the Form of the cartridge loops you are right (see the photo above), as I mailed Andy yesterday.

Moreover, the epaulets could a little bit broader and the initials of Kuban-Hosts ("K.B"). have to be added.

Except for the a little too high collar I would leave Beshmet-shirt like that.

And about the breast the leather-strap of the saber (Sashka) should be still to be seen, as well as - below - the clutch of the Kindjal knife.

I am shure, Andy will make a very fine bust.

Cheers
  12. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Martin,Dmitri,
    Is it safe to make six or seven gasiri per side?I am turning some new ones to replace the others.This bust will be a WW1 kuban Cossack eventually.
    Andy
  13. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Hi Andy!

It was quite individual! At least 4 or more...

"Cherkeska-Definition:

the Russian name for a man’s outer garment once common among many peoples of the Caucasus, including the Georgians, Circassians, Abkhazians, and Tsakhurs; it was also adopted by the Terek and Kuban’ cossacks.
    The cherkeska is a caftan with a single, unfastened opening down the front and no collar. It is usually black, brown, or gray and may be made from hand-woven or ready-made cloth. The cherkeska normally falls a little below the knee. It is gathered and pleated at the waist and is tied with a narrow belt. The sleeves are long and wide. From four to eight gazyri (leather pockets) are sewn on each side of the chest; they are designed to hold the wooden cylinders in which the Caucasians used to keep rifle cartridges.
    The cherkeska is still worn on holidays and for special events, such as folk art performances."

(Source: The Great Soviet Encyclopedia, 3rd Edition (1970-1979)

Here a photo of Kuban-Cossacks at that time with 7, 8 and more...:

http://www.daolubvi.ws/uploads/posts/2008-08/1220165122_kuban_kosaks.jpg

On most pictures which I own 7 or 8 are to be seen on every side...

Cheers
  14. akaryu Moderator

Belgium
    Hello Andy,

As Martin said, it was quite individual, I'll have to thumb through my Zeyghaus magazines, but I remember seeing pre-1914 photos with rather impressive rows of them.
    BTW are you working from Russian sources?

cheers,

piet
  15. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    I do - but over this I own abaut 600 Coccack-pictures and more sources (about 40 books, russian or other ones). I also work with differently linguistic springs, but only if these do not contradict the russian ones.

BTW: Here once a picture from gazyri, how they looked...:

http://home.kpn.nl/cossack-web-museum/weaponry/18_gaziri_0.jpg

Cheers
  16. akaryu Moderator

Belgium
    Sorry for the confusion Martin, I wanted to know if Andy works from Russian sources. From your work on the cossack bust I already deducted you have a well stocked bookshelf.
    Best regards,

piet
  17. pipetrepid Active Member

United-States
    andy, looks good! bill
  18. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    No problem Piet, I understood, but Andy and I already mail for a while because of this bust.

I deliver photos and documents for the several details to him from my sources.

For this reason his sources partly are mine. Therefore, my answer to Your question.

This is a big fun for me to be - indirectely - involved so in the "origin" of such a nice bust.

Such a bust I searched for a long time...
    There is not a bust in the scale 1/10 which shows a Caucasian Cossack up to now at the market.

By the way: Thank you Don, for the production of the contact to Andy!

Cheers
  19. arminius Member

Germany
    Great bust!
    I want one!

Andreas
  20. krugliy80 New Member

United-States
    hi Andy send me you right e-mail and i send to you images of cossacks. What about of gazyri- from 9 to 12 on every side.