1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Cossac Dancer

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Martin Antonenko, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Ferris A Fixture

Is that a blood stain next to the sabre Martin!? :)
    Wings5797 likes this.
  2. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    No, only color...

;)
  3. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    19. Day, November 5, 2014

Today the time has unfortunately passed, the put an underpainting with acrylics ...

[IMG]

...to the arm...:

[IMG]
    Wings5797 and ChaosCossack like this.
  4. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Looking great Martin, keep up the great work
    :)
  5. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Thanks, mate!

20. Day, November 6, 2014

The arm is painted with oils...:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

The hand I have not done yet, because I want to try tomorrow, if my beloved "segment-painting" (the piecewise finished painting of individual segments of a figure) also works with oils ...
    theBaron likes this.
  6. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Martin, can you explain to me how do you pin the various parts into a cork?,i have seen that so many times but i always wonder if people drill a hole or just stick them in.
    Thanks in advance
  7. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Hi Daniel!

Such a cork is very light and because of this easy and better to handle for me than others - heavier - holders. The hole I'll use later for a metal pin, when I mount the arm to the Torso...

Cheers
  8. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    21. Day, November 7, 2014

What can I say: My "segment-painting method" works with oil paints even far better than with acrylics! The new colors really start to make me more and more fun.

The hand is finished ...:

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Here the whole thing again in original size ...:

[IMG]
    theBaron and ChaosCossack like this.
  9. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    I will have to try oils o e day.
    Looking great Martin .
    Cheers
  10. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Thanks Daniel!

-------------------------------------------

22. Day, November 10, 2014

Today I first painted the missing sword knobl, stands out from the fist. First, high compliments to Markus, because he had not sculpted "any" knob, but exactly the template that I had given to him:

Our Cossack wearing a saber type "Karabela". Originally developed by the Ottomans, the "Karabela" was optimized at theat time in Poland-Lithuania:
    Here is the original Ottoman version ...:

[IMG]

And here the Polish-Lithuanian version...:

[IMG]
    There are many pictures of Cossacks, who were wearing "Karabela"-sabres, a very popular weapon at that times!

[IMG]

They kept the original name for this sabre - "Karabela" in Turkish means "Black Death"!

But back to the saber knob:

All "Karabelas" had a knob in the form of an eagle head ...:

[IMG]

[IMG]

And like this Markus has also sculpted!

The knob I have painted in black, for the few lights I have "Light Flesh" mixed it. And the silver nail, with the stylized eagle eye was on the knob - there were also versions with brass or golden nails - I have put the toothpick on each side a point with neat silver...:

[IMG]

As it has become ...:

[IMG]

After that I have mounted the arm to the torso. And also here an even greater compliment to Markus: The fit is so perfect that no one milligram filler is needed ...:

[IMG]

[IMG]
  11. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Wow, this is getting better and better Marting.
    great colors!!
    Martin Rohmann likes this.
  12. fabrizio1969 A Fixture

Italy
    very nice and clean
  13. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Thanks Daniel and Fabrizio! :)

Cheers
  14. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    23. Day, November 11, 2014

Today I started with the second arm.

He was drilled, washed, mounted on a cork, primed and then got his acrylic underpainting with ...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  15. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    24. Day, November 12, 2014

The arm is painted with oils - the hand I'm keeping for tomorrow...

[IMG]

[IMG]

Unfortunately I get today only blurred images out - it's all gray and gray outside ...
  16. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    Hi Martin,

your painting looks really nice !! Seems like you found a good addition in the oil colors. Keep it up !!
  17. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Thank you so much, Markus!!! :)

--------------------------------------------------

25. Day, November 13, 2014

Today I have painted the Hand - but something came between first!

When I wanted to paint the fingernails - I've just could not manage it. Thereupon I looked at the fist again and noticed that exactly where the nails of the index finger and the middle finger are two tiny crumblings under the magnifying glass - not visible to the naked eye!

So I made (some of the hand was already painted) up to resculpt the two fingernails with "Milliput". Those things are smaller than pinheads and in some cases already painted hand that was a really challenge - but I like that!

After the two nails were resculpted, I have painted them - still in soft condition - now it looks the way I had imagined.

Today I HAD to artificial light for taking photos to help - it all seems to shine even more than it is the case in reality ...:

[IMG]

[IMG]
    theBaron, Wings5797 and ChaosCossack like this.
  18. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    26. Day, November 14, 2014

Our Cossack is carrying a bottle in his hand in which is probably a "little water" - "Samogon", ie self-burned - is in it.

And of course Markus has also not sculpted "any" bottle, but the one I had suggested to him: This bottle has a Russian template from the 17th century ...:

[IMG]

Today I have the acrylic underpainting made - with a mixture of these colors ...:

[IMG]

Now it loooks like that...:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  19. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    27. Day, November 17, 2014

The bottle is finished painted "in oil"!

I did that with these colors ...:

[IMG]

The base color consists of the two shades of brown, for the first shade I got the dark brown-share increased slightly more for the deep shadows came a little purple to it.

As for the lights, just the Tan content was increased, then came some yellow ocher to - and finally a track white.

Thus, it has become ...:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Here the whole thing again in original size ...:

[IMG]
  20. Nap Moderator

England
    Martin,

Great SBS he bottle looks really good amazing that it is not a larger scale...so much wonderful work going into this project.

Thanks for the continued posts ..always interesting to see.

Any thoughts on the base work?

Thanks for sharing

Nap