1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Confederate Flat No2

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, Nov 27, 2007.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I'm still working on this but any "Flatties" with any advice I'm listening.

Roger.

[IMG]
  2. PeteC Member

Roger,
    Since this piece is taken from a Don Trioani painting (let's not even go there!), I'd take a good close look at that to see where improvements can be made. It's common practice for artists to copy a famous work as a learning experience, so I'd go that route.

Also, since it's a flat, you have to pick a light source in order to determine where highlights and shadows will go. Looking at this piece, I'm not sure where the light is coming from. In addition, the value range is narrow so it still looks a little, well, flat. With a little more work I think you have a nice piece going here.

Pete
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks Pete, yes I have one of Troiani's books with said illustration but thats enough on that subject.
    I can see where your coming from I will work on the light source issue and hopefully it will come together.
    Thanks,
    Roger.
  4. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Further progress. I've worked on the light source but what I have done hasn't shown up too good in this photo.

[IMG]
  5. eissteban Active Member

France
    Hi my friend,
    good idea the light ;)
    really nice job

Seb.
  6. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks Seb. I've done a little bit more, hopefully it will be evident.

[IMG]
  7. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    That looks real nice. Who is the manufacturer and what scale is this?
  8. eissteban Active Member

France
    the eyes of this guy are very determinate !
  9. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Looks very good!
    christos
  10. billyturnip A Fixture

England
  11. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks Roger! It looks like a blast to paint and wouldnt mind trying it out!
  12. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    It is Anders. Check out the Confederate standard bearer in the same range.

Roger
  13. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Just ordered the same flat you are working on as well as a bust of Custer! Damn You!! :)
  14. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Hi Roger. Looks very good but it is difficult to see details on the photos. I think you must visit Altena and we both make some experiments and take some good photos.

Here some photos from paintings of Andreas Trost

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Ulrich
  15. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Anders I'm glad you've ordered the flats and will happily take the blame:) Can't wait to see what you do with them.
    When I've finished the figure I'll see if I can take some better pics, it was a bit dark last night to get some good ones. Bring my figures to Altena? :D