1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Confederate Artilleryman

Discussion in 'Brutal Honesty - Critique Center' started by Mjølner, May 10, 2015.

1. Mjølner PlanetFigure Supporter

Denmark
    Hello Planeteers

This one was started ages ago, been in and out of the closet many times. The reason why it took me so long was the difficulties of finding the right skin tone and at the same time start up using acrylics.
    Well all painted in acrylics, figure comes without the mustage and that is added using Milliput.
    Great bust that was fun to paint after all.

Warriors Scale Models Inc. 1/9 Confederate Artilleryman

CSA Artilleryman (6).jpg CSA Artilleryman (5).jpg CSA Artilleryman (2).jpg
    Kisifer, billyturnip, Bassman and 2 others like this.
  2. Claude Portsmouth Active Member

I painted this a couple of years ago and agree Brian it is a very nice bust-that is a cracking result with the Acrylics especially as you have just adopted the medium.

Claude
    Mjølner likes this.
  3. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    wow, thats a bit better than my version.
    Mjølner likes this.
  4. Mjølner PlanetFigure Supporter

Denmark
    Thank you very much Claude happy you like it. I have started over and over again 7- 8 times before I was content with it. Have done a few by now in acrylics that help me finish him.
  5. Mjølner PlanetFigure Supporter

Denmark
    Stephan, thank you very much :)
  6. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Great result, superb painting. What have you used to get the brass looking like that.
    Regards
    Mjølner likes this.
  7. Mjølner PlanetFigure Supporter

Denmark
    Thank you very much Bob. I used Vallejo gold and some brown glaze as a mix. After that a mix of brown and black of the washes they make. The wash enhance the letter on the buttons :)
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    good work.

Marc
    Mjølner likes this.
  9. Mjølner PlanetFigure Supporter

Denmark
    Thank you very much Marc :)
  10. mark126804 Active Member

United-States
    Very Nice work. It is a must find for me. Anybody have an idea where to get one. Thanks

Mark
  11. Mjølner PlanetFigure Supporter

Denmark
    Thank you very much Mark
    I have just made a little search on Google and found only links to painted examples and some "model history sites".
    I think you have to place a "wanting to buy" in "Market & Commissions"
    I hope you will find it, I will keep an eye out and let you know if it shows up ;-)