1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Commisaire de guerre , yorktown 1781 ( update 1)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by MarquisMini, Jun 16, 2012.

1. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    DSC03345.JPG DSC03344.JPG DSC03346.JPG DSC03347.JPG Hello everyone ,
    i made a little bit of progress on this Commisaire de guerre.
    I altered the base colors a little, discovered a bottle of vallejo Vermillion that i have never used before, had it for almost 3 years and decided to try out.
    I mixed with a little bit of Andrea Napoleonic red and provides a rich,bright red color that i am really really happy to use as a base for the waistcoat and pants.
    As for the coat i decided to use vallejo cold grey and a dab of intermediate blue.
    For the face i used a base of sunny skintone dab of english uniform and dab of vermillion.
    Still lots of painting ahead .
    billyturnip and ChaosCossack like this.
  2. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    I've seen plates of this uniform and the slate grey and red look great together.
    Did you figure out the issue with the scale of the horse? It would be a shame if the commisaire ended up looking like he is riding a burro:confused:

Carry on my friend

Colin
  3. hall-moye@msn.com Active Member

United-States
    Or a Great Dane.....
  4. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    lol no burro or great Dane , the comissaire figure and horse are from the same manufacturer (miniwelt) ,so it supossed to fit properly , i only moded the uniform on the fig , which it was an Austrian mounted officer.
    Once finished i will put it on an elevated terrain a little detached from the rest of the figures so i could kinda "fool" the viewers and have this commisaire included in the diorama.
    thanks for your comment :)
  5. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Like I said when you showed us the whole diorama, it may have just been the angle of the shot or something that gave the impression of the horse being smaller. Trick of the eye.

Keep on keepin' on

Colin
    MarquisMini likes this.
  6. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    once finished i will try it on the scene,if it does look ridiculous i'll make and individual display :D