1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Coming May 12th to Scalehumans.com

Discussion in 'Digis - Digital Miniatures 3D Modeling' started by RKapuaala, Mar 30, 2013.

1. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    These are my next offerings in 1:20.32 scale.
    junereleases.jpg
    There are 3 figures in reality. The two with hats have heads for fitted hats and the one without the hat is just as is. The plump Belgian sitting on the bench is an 8 piece kit the others are one piece except the hats which are assembled. The guy without a hat is just a single cast.
    david.jpg
    I'm trying to decide if I want to offer this fellow in a 54mm or 75mm kit. Not sure if there is enough interest in him though.
    Edorta and yeo_64 like this.
  2. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hercules Poirot, peut etre?
  3. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    Making an image or product of a copyrighted character and its actor is against the law. This is just a dapper dude with a cane and a pointy mustache :)
    Wings5797 likes this.
  4. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Absolutely!!
    Steve(y)
  5. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    This is "Heracles Parrot", from the Andrea school of figure naming...;)
    Wings5797 and RKapuaala like this.
  6. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    Jason,,, Too close,,, how about Hoggar Peugeot?
  7. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    Ohh no Peugeot moto company would have my a$$ on a platter :eek:
  8. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    I've painted the prototypes to see how they would look. No molds yet, but I think they should be good to go in a couple of weeks.

belgiancp.jpg
    fredcp.jpg
    frednohatcp.jpg
    My photographic skills are improving faster than my painting skills.
    Manfred and Mat Lambert like this.
  9. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I would name him........Herrot Paracles and the second one......Loot of the mother mountains range;) or Humbo Gartphrey(y)
    Wings5797 likes this.
  10. Mat Lambert A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    These are so lifelike I can't quite believe they're models. The standing guy in the hat - amazing. Well done - you're getting great results.
    Cheers
    Mat
  11. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Mat. I thought being sculpted on a computer and then printed they might not be lifelike. Glad to see you think otherwise :)
    Richie. I like the names, but I think I will call them The Belgian, Fred and Fred with no hat.
  12. mash3d Member

The last one with no hat looks a lot like Humphry Bogart.
    Where are you getting the maste prints done?
  13. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    Shapeways is doing the prints. Yeah he does, doesn't he... Happy coincidence since Boggy is one of my all time favorite actors. Phillip Marlow, Sam Spade, Fred C. Dobbs and what was the captains name on the caine mutiny,,, once of his best performances.
  14. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Was it Captain Queeg?
    I like them all Richard well done Mate.
    Cheers,
    Keith
  15. roadking Active Member

United-States
    I for one would love to have and paint the plump un-named Belgian chap in 54mm (first choice) or 75mm.

Jim
  16. Gunthwaite New Member

United-Kingdom
    Great skin tones!

In 3D do you scuplt or design? Great stuff anyway.

Al
  17. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    Al,,, 3D sculpt.
    Thanks Jim
    Keith,,, thats right brah. Aloha mai
  18. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    BTW, I just got back my first 54mm prints from another sculpt and I will be cleaning them this week and testing whether or not I can lay them up for molds with out too much issue. If successful I will probably convert the Belgian to 54mm, but the cane will just be a piece of brass wire that will need to be attached at it would not be thick enough to be printed in 54mm I think.
  19. roadking Active Member

United-States
    Well sir, keep me in mind and let me know when and if you do any pieces in a smaller scale like 54 or 75. I prefer 54 but I do like the subjects you are exploring. It is really fun watching the growth, development and Genesis of this new technology.

Jim
  20. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    Will do Jim. I just finished the initial cleaning of my first 54mm pieces (not of the Belgian though) and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the prints. I had the same subject printed as a hole piece and then as a Kit form set up for a type of reverse injection method I am trying to develope. Both the kit and the solid figure will take only a couple of hours to clean because they were laid out perfectly on the print table and the bulk of the support material is all on the easy to clean surfaces. That which isn't was my fault due to poor planing, but since this is just at the R&D stage on 54mm I don't mind the minor pitfal. Whether or not I can offer 54mm pivots on my ability to make this reverse injection method work with a minimum of effort.
    roadking likes this.