1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Colors alkyd

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by archimede, May 12, 2012.

1. archimede Active Member

Italy
    I would like to know if the colors of alkyd W&N needdrying furnace as routinely done with conventional oils. The drying oven must beconceded just finished painting or if you have to wait and how long? And then how long does it take to dry?

Thank you!
  2. louti2 Active Member

France
    the colors of W & N Alkyd dry fast enough for me but what I find are too bright
  3. louti2 Active Member

France
    Alkyd colors of W & N dries quickly in the oven but not necessarily for my part I find what are too bright
  4. Einion Well-Known Member

Drying time will vary slightly from colour to colour Fabio (as with oil paint) but in a very thin layer people often say they're dry to the touch in about eight hours or overnight, but that may not be dry enough to paint over without some risk of lifting.

If you haven't bought them already I'd recommend sticking with regular oils though because they're not as high in pigment so they are more transparent.

Einion