1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Coldstream guardsman, Crimean War 1854

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ben-nl, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Ben-nl A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hello,

I have finished the 120 mm figure Coldstream guardsman Crimean War, produced by Maurice Corry Miniatures. It was my first 120 mm figure after a long time. I haven't good uniform reference, I hope the colours are right.
    Please tell me your comments.

Ben

P1100167.JPG P1100168.JPG P1100169.JPG P1100170.JPG
    abbo, mikec55, tbolt7 and 3 others like this.
  2. LVM Active Member

Belgium
    I think this is a good piece of work. The painting is very proper and clean. But I think that your white are too white. I think you have to break it with other colours.

Laurent
  3. Edward A Fixture

England
    Hey, I have this figure though I haven't started it yet. It's a great sculpt isn't it. Looks like you've done a good job painting it. Perhaps there could be slightly more contrast - the shading in the creases could be a little darker..
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Heel erg mooi Ben.
    Niets op af te dingen behalve wat meer contrast.

marc
    mikec55 likes this.
  5. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    Very nice indeed

Ken
  6. Andy007 Member

New_Zealand
    Very nice Ben! I too have this figure and am in the middle of painting him.
  7. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Looks good Ben. Maybe some MIG pigments or pastels for weathering would be good? just a thought!!!
  8. Tony Barton Active Member

United-States
    The colours are fine, though as has been said by others, perhaps a little weathering.
    The white belts wouild have turned more yellow-brown , because they had no pipeclay to keep them clean ( the pipeclay and other cleaning materials were in their knapsacks, which were left on the ships ! ) . The blanket carried on the back should not be grey , but a light buff colour, with a 2" red stripe woven into each end.
    Red Five likes this.
  9. Ben-nl A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thanks everybody for your comments. I had done a little bit weathering but to take a good photo to show it is difficult. Thanks Tony for your comments about the belts and blanket. I'll change in the next week.

Ben