1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Coldstream Guards

Discussion in '"Today in History", Literature & Media Review' started by Mat Lambert, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Mat Lambert A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I was on holiday in Coldstream a few weeks ago and took a few pictures at the Coldstream Guards Museum. Thought others on PF may find them useful as reference etc. The museum itself is very small (one room really) so I wouldn't suggest making a special trip for it but if you're in the area it's worth a visit. There are several nicely done mannequins showing how the regiment looked through the ages and a good diorama of the guards defending Hougoumont. I have also added a couple of photos of the memorial which is found in the memorial park - I was lucky enough to stay opposite it.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434569118.565401.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434569137.039995.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434569157.333416.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434569176.776442.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434569194.552444.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434569207.539503.jpg
    Cheers
    Mat
    billyturnip, blaster, crf and 3 others like this.
  2. mick3272 A Fixture

Thanks for posting Mat.
  3. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Nice one, cheers
  4. Tony Barton Active Member

United-States
    Those have to be the best fullsize mannequins I've seen for years. Thanks for the pics.
    Mat Lambert likes this.
  5. prhayes68 Active Member

United-States
    The Lance-Corporal in particular looks incredibly life-like. In Guards parlance he is in good order.

Pete
    Mat Lambert likes this.
  6. Mat Lambert A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Tony - yes they really are very good. Think they are getting better everywhere these days. Just a shame I couldn't get images of the others too.
    Cheers
    Mat
  7. Mat Lambert A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Pete - glad you approve, the mannequin was very impressive when stood infront of him, almost no difference to seeing the guards on sentry duty outside the palaces!
    cheers
    Mat
    prhayes68 likes this.
  8. Funky50 Guest

I always like the look of the Slade Wallace Equiptment .....looks really Smart
    Mat Lambert likes this.
  9. prhayes68 Active Member

United-States
    But it was very unpopular with the Guardsmen. More kit to Blanco! Apparently discontinuing its use was the one good thing Edward VIII did in his short reign (at least according to the Guards).

Pete
    Funky50 likes this.