1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Closing the gates, Hougomont.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Cannonball, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Superb work Sir.
    That aside, for me it is great to see the correct red and navy blue on the jackets.
    My compliments and thanks.
    Keith
  2. Cannonball A Fixture

Hi Ben, yes I've got the French set but not started them yet. Like you say , it definitely is a lot of work but the figures are great and certainly worth it. Love what you've done with your version so far.
  3. Cannonball A Fixture

Hi Keith, thanks for the kind words and support. I added some brown madder to the cadmium red to try and get the "brick" red colour for other ranks tunics that I've seen referred to in other posts on the site regarding tunic colour. The blue was indigo with a touch of French ultramarine.
    Wings5797 likes this.
  4. KenBoyle PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Very, very nice Neal! Large amount of effort, but well worth it. (y)

Ken
  5. Cannonball A Fixture

Many thanks Ken.
  6. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    That is spot on Mate.
    I cannot tell you how many blues I tried down the years before I came across tweaked indigo.
    The reds are a lot easier From a current Officer parade No1 right through to the brick red.
    Be proud of your work here......lots get it wrong
    Keith
  7. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very impressive - are you going to add the French now?

Mike
  8. Cannonball A Fixture

Hi Mike, hope to get started on the French contingent shortly.
  9. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    This is looking very very good. How did you do the wall sections and cobblestone entry? Looking forward to seeing how the French fit in. This is a very daunting project and will be a real challenge for me especially the wall and ground work.
  10. Cannonball A Fixture

Hi clrsgt, the walls are polystyrene coated with a thin layer of polyfilla/plaster then brickwork and stonework scribed with the end of a pointed Tamiya plastic file. The cobbles are the same process but I've not used polystyrene to build up the groundwork. I've used balsa strip on the gate posts and some metal from a wine bottle top for the hinges.