1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Classic Andrea Hussar in 90mm.

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by ghamilt1, May 21, 2016.

1. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    I've had this Andrea 90mm Hussar sitting around around for at least 10 years and decided to strip it down and give it a little new life. I did not take any "before" pictures, which I regret and I'm not entirely thrilled with the pictures I've managed to take here. They seem a little dark to me, but if I try to increase the light, the colours on the figures wash out completely, so....

In any case, it was fun to re-visit this figure and I would welcome any comments you might have.

DSCN0905.jpg DSCN0909.jpg
    see what I mean? The right is with more direct light and the one on the left looked better on the camera, but I'm not so sure after seeing it here. Here are the rest;

DSCN0910.jpg DSCN0911.jpg DSCN0908.jpg
  2. Mat Lambert A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Wow that is a stunning figure. I think the extra time you have taken to repaint has really paid off - I say this even without seeing the before pictures. Really like the face and all the lace work detailing is beautifully done. This is one I'll be coming back to again and again.
    Cheers
    Mat
    Ps Could I suggest you enter this into the PF Figure of the Month.
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  3. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Lovely painting.
    Great presentation and base.

You could check the ISO setting on your camera.
    It could be the reason for the low light levels.

You may wish to select an 'auto ISO' setting it could give better results.

Paul.
  4. Chris Ribchester A Fixture

England
    Like this a lot, great paintwork.
    peedee likes this.
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Excellent job.

marc
    peedee likes this.
  6. Alex A Fixture

Canada
    lovely precise painting !
    peedee likes this.
  7. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks Paul, I really appreciate the photo help. I am going to check out the settings as you suggested and see if I can get some better quality photos.
    peedee likes this.
  8. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks Mat, for your generous comments. I might have a few more options available for FOTM.
    Thanks also Alex (hope to see you at sword and brush this September), Marc and Chris. Appreciate your input.
    peedee likes this.
  9. phil_h A Fixture

United-States
    Very clean and smooth, wonderful painting !
    Phil
  10. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    That's a stunner, really nice painting.
  11. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    Thank you kindly Phil and Bob, I'm glad you like the clean look. I didn't want to muddy up that uniform after all that painting, which is why I put him in an interior settling.
    phil_h likes this.
  12. mark126804 Active Member

United-States
    Very Nice work

Mark
  13. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks Mark, I'm glad you liked it and thanks for commenting.
  14. Huw63 A Fixture

Lovely painitng and a marvellous base for this classic figure.

Cheers

Huw
  15. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Super painting on this mate.
    You know, I always fancied this one but always thought it was way overpriced. Sorry I didn't get it about 15 years ago myself!
    Huw63 likes this.
  16. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks Pew, I seem to remember this one being quite expensive even 15 years ago - something about it being a limited edition anniversary figure. Thanks also Huw, I'm especially pleased that you like the base. I printed the hardwood floor and carpet on my colour printer, and just glued it down onto the base. Easiest ground work ever!
  17. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A very eye-catching piece.
    If I saw it at a show it would certainly stop me in my tracks for an extended closer look.

Cheers,
    Andrew
  18. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks Andrew, That's very gracious of you. I hope this figure would stand up to closer inspection and you wouldn't be disappointed.