1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Chosin Trio so far,75mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by amcairns, Jun 5, 2015.

1. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello All,
    Adding little by little the whole which is slowly coming into shape.Working on the jackets of the three.
    Comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

rado2828 and Mark Dollery like this.
  2. m@rp Active Member

Belgium
    Hi Andy,
    Nice vignette. I will follow your thread.
    Pascal
    amcairns likes this.
  3. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hi All,
    More putty added to BAR Gunner.
    Cheers
    Andy

Attached Files:

rado2828 likes this.
  4. Mookie Well-Known Member

They look good Andy.Am always astounded at the rate of new figures you produce.Do you use Magic sculp?
    Great work as always.
    Richard
    amcairns likes this.
  5. trooper Member

United-States
    Well done Andy, good to see this subject, Korean War, with a 75 mm scale piece of art!
    amcairns likes this.
  6. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Does anyone know if Marine Commandos wore shoepacs if they fought beside the Marines at Chosin?.
    Andy
  7. trooper Member

United-States
    First question Andy is, what do you mean by Marine commando ? All marine units in Korea where issued the same winter clothing which included snowpacks. In fact, winter gear for all U S troops wher in essence identical. The figures are looking great, and I should have stated that first. You are a first class artist.
    amcairns likes this.
  8. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hi Trooper,
    I meant the British marines at Chosin,A Pf member mentioned they were there supplied by the US.Can anyone confirm this else I wont make the option.
    Cheers
    Andy
  9. trooper Member

United-States
    I can confirm to a point. My late uncle was Corpsman with the U.S. Marines in the early part of the conflict, including the Chosen Reservior area. He had quite a few pictures of himself, His Marine platoon, as well as other troops, including British. The British Marine Commandos were accepted as brothers in arms by the U.S. Marines. He stated that a lot of their equipment including winter clothing where supplied by the U.S. Several of his pictures showed the Commandoes and the U.S. Marines in indenicial winter clothing. Unfortunitley I do not have the photos and I am not sure who has them now. Hope this helps.