1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Chinese lady (Caution..Nudity)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Jazz, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Please see my WIP shots of a recent repainted bust of the Pegaso Chinese lady. When I first painted this bust some years ago I converted her to a Japanese Geisha which can be seen in pic 1. I had used milliput to cover the figures bared breasts. Pic 2 shows the bust stripped down, the milliput removed, primered and the first layers of flesh paint put in place. I then painted the robe in green enamel which I had not stirred enough so some parts remained shiny. When I added yellow highlights in oil over the enamel this gave a look of satin so it was a happy accident really as I liked the effect. I also painted in the eyes at this stage. The other photos are in progression as I painted. I have used a mixture of oils, acylics and enamels for this bust and all in all I think it is an improvement on my earlier effort.
    I still have to get a new base for this so it cannot yet be classed as completed. Also every photo shows a thousand mistakes so I shall be trying to rectify those also.
    Please let me know what you think.

Attached Files:

Osebor, Ferris and Kandor8 like this.
  2. Ferris A Fixture

Nice skintones and detail painting of the makeup and 'headgear'.

Cheers,
    Adrian
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Jazz
    My goodness young man what an amazing difference and so very much better , I agree with Adrian about the skin tones , please do share them with us all .

Really like the details in the hair ,good highs ,the flowers etc are really colourful , nice highlighting on these as well.

The pearl necklace and earrings look good as well ...nice details on these as well mate

You have come so far with your painting (y) and you used a mix of mediums including the blessed acrylics ;)

Looking forward to seeing this in the flesh so to speak ......promise I will bring my heart tablets !!!

Look forward to seeing the based up version ...any thoughts on a title .

Well done and thanks for posting

Nap