1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Chasseur a Cheval c.1914. Fini.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, May 11, 2012.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Well almost, same as usual, take the pics and the obvious touch up areas are staring back at you. :confused:

Roger.

PICT0004.jpg PICT0007.jpg PICT0008.jpg PICT0009.jpg PICT0010.jpg PICT0011.jpg
    Akritas, tbolt7 and Wings5797 like this.
  2. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    I love the painting of the horse.
    That is challenging, great job!
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you Daniel, I was a bit dubious about painting the dappling on the horse but that's what the new owner of the piece wanted to I said I would give it a try.... I'm glad and relieved it worked out ok :D

Roger.
  4. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    I dit work very well :)
  5. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    I'm not able to make your work, but like all french people, and pride of the uniform of my old soldiers, (my Gran-father, my Gran Uncle, and a lot of men of my family were soldiers in the Great war) the uniform, particularly the "Shako", doesn't look like the ones's of the French Chasseur (or even Hussar) 1914, too flat (it's my opinion).
    For the shako look at :
    http://babelw.skyrock.com/303978459...lterne-des-chasseur-a-cheval-mle-1872-74.html
    But you did a great work, and i'm always happy when people make french soldiers.
    Best regards.
    Z.C
  6. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
  7. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you very much for the comments and thank you for the links. They are now saved for future projects.
    Myself and the sculptor of the figure will try harder next time.... promise. (y)
    The sacrifices of your family and all French soldiers in the Great War will not be forgotten.

Roger.