1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

CGS Black Watch 200mm Waterloo

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Funky50, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Funky50 Guest

Hi
    Geoff...got another of these from Graham Myself at Bugle Call with the intention of keeping it in the stash as it were but have decided to try and convert to a sergeant with spontoon but that will be another story.I think This figure has got excellent conversion potential to other regiments and even other periods with work(Crimea. Indian Mutiny).....like you say get em while you can it will be the one that got away....Kevin
    BarrieHynd and Scotty like this.
  2. BarrieHynd Well-Known Member

Scotland
    Looking the Dogs Wotsits Kevin, nice work with the tartan. Like the idea of the Sgt conversion. "Holy Grail" figures, good possibility of that happening. Think I have pics of the pike on display at the museum somewhere, if you need them for a conversion let me know mate.

Barrie.
    Funky50 likes this.
  3. Funky50 Guest

Thanks Barrie..... I've reached the stage where things have slowed down a bit so while I'm waiting for paint to Dry I've been playing about with another of these to convert to a Sergeant of the Black Watch And maybe in time display together you'd be amazed at how slight changes make the figure look totally different in stance just need to sculpt a new pair of arms and reposition some of the kit and the jobs a goodun...I know it would be a bit of a monster Diorama but I think 3 off these with another figure reaching round to his pouch and the musket in the other hand as In Graham's Coldstream Guard bust or even one reloading his Brown Bess ....I better stop the possibilities are becoming many...Lol...thanks again Barrie for the encouragement and will take you up on the pike's details...Thanks for following...Kevin
    Scotty likes this.
  4. Funky50 Guest

Thanks for the pictures Barrie much appreciated.....have sent you some of the Sergeant Project but think my e mail may be playing up if you didn't get them let me know and I will resend ...Cheers...Kevin
  5. BarrieHynd Well-Known Member

Scotland
    All received Kevin(y) Nice one.

Barrie.
    Funky50 likes this.
  6. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Shaping up nicely mate....respect for sticking with it (y)

Taking on another....possibly two!.....you need your meds sorting mate :LOL:

Ron
    Funky50 likes this.
  7. Funky50 Guest

Thanks Ron as my Dad always used to say "There's Something wrong with that kid Mother".....LOL.......Kevin
    Scotty likes this.
  8. BarrieHynd Well-Known Member

Scotland
    My Grandad used to say that you had to be a bit strange to have anything to do with the Black Watcho_O ;):unsure::wacky:

Barrie.
    Funky50 and Scotty like this.
  9. Funky50 Guest

One of my Great Grandfathers was transferred into the Black Watch at the turn of the 1900's from the Hussars after being kicked by his horse and getting a hernia I Spoke to his Daughter many years ago and she told me he was at Edinburgh Castle for a while and she used to have a lot of photos but threw them away when she thought nobody would be interested...Doh.....Kevin
  10. swralph A Fixture

Looking really good now.
    Ralph.
    Funky50 likes this.
  11. Funky50 Guest

Thanks Ralph.....really glad you like it mate......Kevin
  12. polyphemus Well-Known Member

My late father in law was in The Black Watch fleetingly at the end of WW2. He was called up right at the war's end & saw no active service. I can only guess that by that time conscripts were shunted into whatever regiments could take them. Coming from East Lancashire he had no connection with Scotland or The Black Watch.

Geoff
    Scotty likes this.
  13. Funky50 Guest

Calling this nearly finished just some work to do in and around the eyes...Kevin

Attached Files:

14. Waterman Active Member

I really like this, shame Graham had to pull the plug. Very much my size of figure. Superb painting Kevin.
    BarrieHynd and Funky50 like this.
  15. Funky50 Guest

Thanks Bob It really was a pleasure to paint as you say a shame it didn't do better for Graham at CGS but it will be a rare piece in any event....Kevin
    crf, BarrieHynd and Waterman like this.
  16. BarrieHynd Well-Known Member

Scotland
    Well done Kevin, so good to see one painted up(y). Will be an imposing piece in the cabinet mate.
    Must get my finger out and get mine done.

Barrie.
    Funky50 likes this.
  17. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    It's turned out really well,a great piece of work,it will look great with your converted one
    Funky50 likes this.
  18. Funky50 Guest

Thanks Again Brian......Kevin
    smudger1960 likes this.
  19. Gra30 PlanetFigure Supporter

Lovely mate, just lovely :)
    Will you be bringing to Bath in the year
    All the best mate and you have done him and me proud :)
    Funky50 likes this.
  20. Funky50 Guest

Cheers Graham.....Hope to get to Bath this year so will bring him along....Glad you like him mate...all the best...Kevin
    Gra30 likes this.