1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

CGS 120mm Cuirassier

Discussion in 'Brutal Honesty - Critique Center' started by Chezzie, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Chezzie Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hello

Being new to the figure painting side of the hobby I am hooked and want to improve. Please see my CGS Cuirassier. This is a fantastic figure to build and has to be my favourite kit!

Regards
    Chezzie

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
  2. Cannonball A Fixture

Looks very nice to me Chezzie. Nice crisp lines on the flag and strong colouring.
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very nice work, and not the easist figure to start with this hobby.

Marc
    CGS military figures, Chezzie and Oda like this.
  4. Oda A Fixture

I have to agree with Mark,you went straight for the deep waters.This is very good indeed.As you progress you will acquire the ability to control your contrast between lights and shadows even more (no secret about it,comes naturally after many working hours on the bench).You are off to a great start and I look forward to seeing more of your works.

Oda.
  5. Chezzie Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Gents. That is my aim to get the highlights etc right. Having come from the dark side of armour I find it quite difficult to work with oils and it's something I want to use
    CGS military figures likes this.
  6. KuK_Grenadier PlanetFigure Supporter

Austria
    Very nice start, i like it a lot! Your painting style is very neat and precise.
    I have the cuirassier on my bench too (with a lot of other projects) and your figure gives me the motivation to speed it up.
    Looking forward to see more of your paintings.
    CGS military figures and Chezzie like this.
  7. Superb work Chezzie and thanks for posting, I hope we see a lot more of your work :)
    Chezzie likes this.
  8. Chezzie Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Graham....please keep the excellent figures coming!
  9. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Thats nice painting and oils are not the easiest medium to paint with, good job.(y)
    Chezzie likes this.
  10. Chezzie Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Bob. I just find it hard to get the amount correct. I am tending to use acrylics as a Base coat and finish with oils where I can. The horse is finished with oils.
  11. Mat Lambert A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very impressive start to figures Chezzie - dived right in at the deep end and came out beautifully. Enjoy finding more figures to paint.
    Cheers
    Mat
    Chezzie likes this.
  12. Chezzie Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Mat much appreciated
  13. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Very nice and very tempting.......Is there any rod support in those back legs?
    Chezzie likes this.
  14. Chezzie Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Yes there is Wayne. Graham builds brass rod / pins into the back legs and I've found them more than adequate to support the figure. Highly recommended I am very tempted to buy another one!
  15. Ventress Well-Known Member

England
    Brilliant piece, and impressive for a "first" go. My looked liked a drunk chimpanzee had got onto my bench and had some fun with my pallet. You will only improve as all of us have over time!
    Tonton and Chezzie like this.
  16. chailey Active Member

England
    It took me years to get to grips with oils after starting with enamels, stick with it as it's a remarkable medium once mastered.

Steve
    Chezzie likes this.
  17. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    For a first figure paint, that's nothing short of deeply impressive! Well done mate and it looks really well with a very 'dynamic' feel to it.

Gary
  18. Chezzie Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Gary. Much appreciated.
  19. Chrisr PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Very impressive first attempt. Nice clean painting - I wish I was as good as that. Well done
    Chezzie likes this.
  20. YDGIN A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    Супер!(y)
    Chezzie likes this.