1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

CGS 1:9th scale bust/half, Scots Grey Trumpeter

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Inaki, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Inaki Active Member

Spain
    Dear All,

CGS (Carl & Gra) has developed what in my humble opinion is one of the greatest figures ever.
    I believe that, as a balance considering movement, proportions, detail, casting... resulting into a master piece.
    Perhaps, it can be argued whether the subject has an influence at the moment of being infatuated by a figure, but technically I do believe this bust is something great.
    I will upload some pictures for those who haven't had the opportunity of getting one in their hands.

Please, be aware that the zoom of the camera might show all the details too close and might offer a wrong impression. If you see the bearskin, cords, head... with your eyes, the details are absolutely perfect.

I wish my English was better to explain correctly why this bust is so stunning. Perhaps, someone could help to complete a better anaylis of this piece of Art.

Thank you, guys!

Iñaki

Attached Files:

2. baronband Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    The casting does look great, a good looking bust all round.

John
    Gra30, Inaki and BarrieHynd like this.
  3. BarrieHynd Well-Known Member

Scotland
    Very nice detailed pics you've shown of a first class model. Got a few of the CGS kits and the castings have always been of a high standard. What I also like with them is the included foil and wire to complete the model.

Barrie
    Gra30 and Inaki like this.
  4. Funky50 Guest

Also have this and can vouch for its quality.....Another lovely kit from CGS and a great review Inaki Thanks.....Kevin
    Jimbo, Inaki and Gra30 like this.
  5. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Yep totally agree with the above, I have this one myself on the painting list, but must say it's a real cracker(y)
    Cheers
    Jim
    Gra30 likes this.
  6. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    A great review of a great figure Inaki.
    Thank you for posting/
    Keith
    Gra30 and Inaki like this.
  7. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I had this bust as a xmas present and I've just finished assembling the sub parts and priming,it's a stunning piece of casting by graham and a brilliant sculpt by Carl and a I can't wait to start painting it 10/10
    Gra30 and Wings5797 like this.
  8. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    I cannot wait to see how you think this fine chap should be presented Mr Smith.......get a move on;)
    All the best,
    Keith
    Gra30 likes this.
  9. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi Keith,I'm currently working on an Imperial gaurd,waterloo busterama with 6 busts,lots of conversions,I plan to post my progress on this shortly,however because it will take me some time to convert them all it will be a while before I start painting them,so to keep my painting mind fresh I shall complete the scots grey in between.
    napoleonpeart and Wings5797 like this.
  10. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    "Busterama" I like the sound of that Brian, brilliant new word for the Oxford book of words.
    Six French busts WOW!!! That's five and a half more than the girls at my local gentleman's club here in France.
    Cheers Brian, looking forward to your SBS.
    Keith
    napoleonpeart likes this.