1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Review Centaur.

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Red Five, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Red Five Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    C8FD8DD1-C7E4-486E-9AFE-6C0269ABF334.jpeg

I was after a decent Centaur to paint. There’s one from Masterbox and two from Black Sun miniature that spring to mind . All three are excellent and a good size 75mm.

Then there is this one from CG modelling which popped up in my Facebook feed by a talented digital artist Michael Milano. Follow the link and see what else he has done.

http://cgmodeling.com/shop/

For $89 including P&P I ordered one and a couple of weeks later a box turned up from the Netherlands

The model came semi assembled and very carefully packed. No bubbles and cast lines if present have been carefully cleaned.

Unfortunately as I had a six mile walk home (I do it to keep fit) some of the glued parts came undone which is no big deal as I would probably have separated them for painting anyway.

Please refer to the link for photos of the assembled model.

The kit is flawlessly cast in nine parts in a very good quality grey resin with no defects, bubbles or moulding lines.

The parts fit seamlessly together. As mentioned before the kit comes assembled but mine had a minor mishap.

7820D724-4F0D-451C-A472-4E7B2C20E9AE.jpeg FC9EBF4B-0DBA-49C6-B98F-F099A9178F77.jpeg

Above are a few shots showing the anatomy of the torso. Excellent muscle definition and this will be an absolute joy to paint.

413D9764-E340-46DF-BD82-E88C5428831F.jpeg

This guy works out!

8089AAE5-9050-4243-8882-94EB942E610C.jpeg

A minimal base

6E4C0BA9-EF3C-4707-908A-3C67BD12579F.jpeg

The lance.

The scale is slightly larger than 120mm and the figure stands about seven inches.

Unfortunately this figure is nearing the end of it’s production run but if you contact Michael he may still have one

5A960580-37D8-43FD-9643-6B6255DA9B6E.jpeg
    pokrad, Nap, Jazz and 7 others like this.
  2. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice piece. Just a bit puzzled as to why a brand new kit would come semi-assembled with parts glued?? :confused:

Not a selling point for me that, as guys have different ideas about their preferred assembly/painting sequence and I wouldn't want the hassle of having to take stuff apart again.

- Steve
    clrsgt likes this.
  3. Red Five Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    I agree Steve, it does however come apart easily

Andrew.
    clrsgt likes this.
  4. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Wow!!!!! What a beautifully classical piece of sculpture(y)(y)(y).

Best wishes, Gary.
    clrsgt likes this.
  5. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Great piece of work, but I agree with Steve about preassembly.
  6. balder PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Cool figure. Thanks for the review. It unfortunately appears to be sold out according to the website.
    Gerald
    Red Five likes this.
  7. swralph A Fixture

Thanks for the review Andrew:).
    Red Five likes this.
  8. Michael Milano New Member

Hello, I created the model and kit for the Centaur, and I want to thank Red Five for posting and everyone for their kind words.

3rd round of Limited Edition Centaur Kits have just finished production, and there are 20 available.

Ordering is easy through my website, http//CGmodeling.com/shop which is PayPal protected, and free shipping. Any questions let me know!

Best,
    Mike

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Aumakua, Nap and balder like this.
  9. balder PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Mike, I just placed an order for one of these. I’m happy that it is available again.

Gerald
    Nap likes this.
  10. Michael Milano New Member

Thank you Gerald! I placed your order with the manufacturer, and will let you know when I receive shipping details.

Mike
    balder likes this.
  11. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Red Five

Thanks for sharing this not my thing but great 3D sculpting , good movement and muscle tone ...always good to appreciate talent .

Look forward to seeing this painted

Nap