1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Celt ,some more pictures

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by brian, Jun 18, 2014.

1. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Just took some more pictures of the Celt bust i had previously posted.
    Brian
    Ta Da !!! Just like magic.

DSC06446-001.JPG DSC06447-001.JPG DSC06448-001.JPG
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Brian,,,,,it's not only the digit pictures that give you problems: :D

planetFigure | Miniatures - Error
    The requested attachment could not be found.
    OOPS!

Marc
  3. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Same here
  4. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Total balls up lads ,rectified now .So sorry for the inconvenience i've caused, not withstanding the pain and anguish but put it down to stress. LOL
    Brian
  5. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Superb Brian.(y)
  6. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Alls well that ends well.
  7. Helm A Fixture

England
    Top job Brian as said earlier
    Steve
    brian likes this.
  8. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Top notch work Brian, you did a beautiful job (y)! Took me a moment before I noticed the boars head!

Joe
    brian likes this.
  9. Magnus A Fixture

Wonderful, great painting as always from you Brian.
    The skin tones and hair is magnificent.
    The only comment I have is that I don’t get a tattoo feeling on the design on the arm. I think that it mostly comes from the thin edge around a highlighted interior. Would look great on a shield but if it supposed to be a tattoo I think it would be more convincing with just one dark bluish skin color.
    Love your work and I’m a big fan!

All the best,

Magnus
    brian likes this.
  10. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    See what you mean Magnus.I'll change it.
    Brian
  11. Johan Kees Active Member

Belgium
    I really love the harmony of colours, Brian. Excellent work!

J;)han
    brian likes this.
  12. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    you are definitely getting better Brian:D
    brian likes this.
  13. Gerry Active Member

Thats nice mate! look forward to seeing it at Euro!
    Wayneb and brian like this.
  14. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Real nice job Brian.Have this piece in waiting.Printed yours out for reference.......Regards,......Wayne
    brian likes this.
  15. bistray Well-Known Member

England
    Brian brilliant paint job, im with Magnus on the tattoo, Celtic colours were far more muted than we have now, a blue/green colour would be more in keeping, brilliant all the same (y)
    brian likes this.
  16. Karlosfandango Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Beautiful work. His hair is one of the things that stood out for me at first glance, really nicely done. Would you be kind enough to share your formulae for the hair? Karl
    brian likes this.
  17. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Thanks for all your comments lads.
    Regarding the hair Karlos i used a mix of raw umber and naples yellow deep and a touch of Tit White to a mid brownish colour and applied over all his hair and while still wet started to apply raw umber Tit White and a touch of naples yellow with a large flat brush so it is got the highs and lows of the hair roughly.I usually take a fair bit of time doing hair so i would wait until the next day and apply the same as before just Raw Umber and Tit White and pick out the most highlighted areas then it's all down to fiddling about with a bit of this and a bit of that using the above oils until you get what your looking for.I don't work to a formula but if you use different quantities of the above oils you should get a good result.
    Hope this helps
    Brian
    RFL likes this.
  18. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Brian! .... This is gorgeous work, now I know, 'Ron T', really dislikes the word awesome! So therefore I will say, 'Bloody Awesome', ( Its, the sadist in me, plus it makes me feel a bit better):D:LOL:.

The hairy chest and navel area are oh so fitting! and very well portrayed. (y) .. I just really like the visual feel to this work!

Very high regards,

Mark
    brian likes this.
  19. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Mark it's alright to use the word Feck as it's is ok to use the Awesome word as long as it is preceded with bloody :D
  20. Gra30 PlanetFigure Supporter

As posted in Dels, you both inspire me as a painter and produce some golden eggs.
    It is also great to see 2 men produce top quality in different interpretations and both to such a high level, and they are both mates :)
    Great work Brian, as a painter at heart you have me :)
    Best wishes
    Gra