1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Cavalry - Lancers

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by Dan Morton, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    The Belgian Cavalry consisted of four types - Guides, Chasseur aux Cheval, the Garde Civique and the Lancers.

Unfortunately I can find few photos or illustrations of Garde Civique uniforms or equipment or the reservist cavalrymen themselves.

The good news is I have numerous photos and illustrations of the four regiments of Lancers.

The photos, illustrations and text information was provided by Fernand Backaert and the late Roger DeBoeck.

Attached Files:

2. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    More photos...

Attached Files:

3. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Photos of parade dress Dolmans...

Attached Files:

4. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Tschapkas -- To the best of my knowledge, tschapkas and flat caps were both worn as part of the parade and field dress uniforms. In the field, a black oilcloth cover was put on the tschapka. Some photos and drawings of tschapkas.

Attached Files:

5. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    A few photos of a typical lance used by the Belgian lancer cavalry in 1914. The 1888 design Belgian Lance was wooden with metal reinforcements in the middle, a metal bottom cap and, of course, a metal lance point. Some were made of bamboo wood, but not all of them. 2810mm in total length.

Attached Files: