1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Carrano 11.62 Royal Roussillon Standard Bearer 70MM

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by joepanzer, Apr 2, 2014.

1. joepanzer PlanetFigure Supporter

producer Carrano Production 11.62
    distributor www.bestsoldiers.com info@bestsoldiers.com
    Royal Roussillon Standard Bearer 70MM

Dear friends happy to show kit of a new manufacture that enter in distribution range of Bestsoldiers, it is the line of the artist Ludovico Carrano that sent me the first 3 references of his line of 70mm.
    Figurines are good and well casted here a
    Royal Roussillon Standard Bearer
    you can see the pictures of the kit , I hope can you appreciate
    thanks for teh support
    Marco
    shop link http://shop.bestsoldiershop.com/epages/14739.sf/it_IT/?ObjectPath=/Shops/14739/Products/LCP_75001

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Krest063 Active Member

Russian-Federation
    What a terrible face! Flagstaff worth straighten before painting.
    Andrey
  3. taff edwards A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi guys
    To be honest not my period and the face is not that bad Nap will agree the the bust he did recently had a right mug on him , perhaps the bend I'ds due to the weight of the flag , as I said not my period so shooting in the dark on that quite like the pose to be honest .
    I remember a German paratrooper in Crete figure go a lot of comments about his ugly mug , however it went on to win a gold at euro militare last year
    Cheers Chris
    joepanzer likes this.
  4. zodiac Active Member

It's frustrating, the subject is great however I feel the sculpt should have been a bit more elegant, it has a 'stumpy' feel to it. Have a look at the Ancien regime plates of Rousselot and Leliepvre, they have an elegance that befits the period and costume that this figure somewhat lacks. The face is expressive but personally I think isn't suited for this type of figure. This is just my personal observation.
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Like the subject matter , the colour staff definately needs straightning ....as for the face ..Mmmmm perhaps its not ideal but full of chracter for sure ..and we all can't be good looking !!!!...ask Jimbo;) .

I agree with Zodiac ..thei period is full of elegance , reckon this doesn't fully do the period justice ..

Nice painting though ..all that white ...and its a blank canvas for the colour he carrys...with any suitable uniform changes .

Nap
  6. swralph A Fixture

Thanks for showing Marco.I really like this figure and agree with Chris about the bend of the flagstaff
  7. taff edwards A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi guys
    I understand the comments regard the period had an elegance to its uniforms , and we all do a lot to research details of that perticular period , when doing any project is the uniform wrong in its representation ? I don't now will have to leave that to our members who study that field ,however if its because he is not very tall and does not fit the criteria of illustrations of that period which I would think we're subject to certain amount of artistic licence ,then we get into that area that I posted about a while back with every German soldier looking like a cross between Max Schmelling and Some guy out of a keep fit magazine ,not an accurate representation of the general German soldier
    Just my option guys and not in any shape or form ment to offend my fellow planeteers , but an healthy exchange of opinion .
    Cheers Chris
  8. Krest063 Active Member

Russian-Federation
    Revised many old engravings depicting the standard-bearers. Nowhere saw curves sticks on the severity of the piece of fabric. On this figure is simply careless assembly.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Here is a modern image.
    [IMG]
  9. joepanzer PlanetFigure Supporter

friend sorry possible that assembly can be do better, I hope you can forgive painter :)
    Krest063 likes this.
  10. Krest063 Active Member

Russian-Federation
    Ok .But next time se must be exactly :LOL:
    Andrey
  11. Don Johnson Active Member

United-States
    Over the last several years, Ludovico Carrano has displayed at MFCA, showing both work-in-process and painted miniatures. He sculpts is different sizes but mainly the "54mm size", and his subjects are drawn from the horse-and-musket period (basically the 1700s and the Napoleonic Age). He has style that suits that period, and his multiple figure vignettes and dioramas have action, story, detail and imagination the equal of the best modelers of these periods. I have often viewed his WIPs and unpainted figures and wished that they were available in the marketplace.
    Having said all that, I am a bit underwhelmed with the first offerings from Carrano Productions. First, the 70mm size is an interesting choice - bigger than many of the subjects he's done in the past, but slightly smaller than the 75mm size that is gaining in popularity. Second, the choice of a standard bearer, and one in a less-traditional pose, seems like a sizable risk for a first figure. Some will love it, no doubt, but others may be unwilling to accept the challenge of a draped flag. I understand about making a mark with one's first foray into the market, and I accept that a sculptor must be excited about his/her subject to best display one's talents, but this seems like a reach.
    As with most any figure, I will want to hold this one in my hand, so as to best assess its merits. The flag is a big challenge, but it has my interest. I hope that I will not be disappointed.
    The Militiaman with the dog in a basket, while in my primary area of interest, holds little allure, unfortunately. I will look at it, but I will be surprised if I feel moved to purchase it.
    I am hopeful that Carrano and Best Soldiers exceed expectations on these figures, and Ludovico is encouraged to product more sculpts. I really want to be impressed with these figures.
  12. Gra30 PlanetFigure Supporter

I think it is a nice sculpt.
    It may not appeal to everyone, the subject is not my cuppa tea, but the quality is there.
    The Mona Lisa wasn't exactly pretty.
    :)
  13. joepanzer PlanetFigure Supporter

thanks to all friends for comments will be valuable also for future work of Ludovico :)