1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Carabiniere Reale with spencer, 1875-1895

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Watford, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Watford PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I had my eye on this figure since spotting it on Italian Kits website http://www.italiankits.it/allarmi.html then I saw one on display at EuroMilitaire last year so went ahead and got one. I ordered direct from Italian Kits but they do have 2 distributors in the UK according to their website http://www.italiankits.it/distribution.html

The figure was released to coincide with 150 years of Italian Unification so forgive me for being late in posting this review given I've only just got round to opening the box :)

The figure is sculpted by Nino Pizzichemi and as you can see from the box art the figure is in a relaxed pose smoking his pipe.

[IMG]

There is a choice of 2 heads, both faces are very detailed, I'll be going for the head with the kepi. Sadly the knot on the sword sling was broken but nothing a dab of superglue will not solve.

[IMG]

[IMG]

The figure is dressed in the uniform of the Carabinieri in 1875 when the spencer was introduced for the regiment. It was during the 1st War of Italian Independence in 1848 that gained the Carabinieri a place in Italian military history when they charged superior Austrian forces at the battle Pastrengo.

This year sees the bicentenary of the Carabinieri, here is a flavour of what's on YouTube

Cheers
    Roy
    jerry, billyturnip and Mac1966 like this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Nice figure Roy and thanks for sharing this sculpt

Looking forward to seeing the painted version from you .

Nap
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    That's another nice figure from your collection Roy, I really like your choice of subjects. It's inspiring me to see what I have lurking in my own stash from the period.

Roger.
  4. swralph A Fixture

Thanks for showing Roy.Nice looking kit.My brother in-law is an Carabinieri.
  5. Watford PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi Gents, will post picture when he's painted up. However can anyone suggest a suitable tool for removing the large plastic plugs from the feet of resin figures. The reason being I've only gone and removed half of the figure's foot!! It is repairable but it's not the first time it's happened to me so any pointers would be very welcome, perhaps I can pick something up at Euro.
    Cheers
    Roy
  6. Diegoff A Fixture

Spain
    Hi Roy.
    Try to drill some holes as a guide to cut with a pair of pliers. Example:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  7. Watford PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Wow Diegoff that looks just the ticket, thanks for the tips, looking forward to seeing you at Euro.
    Cheers
    Roy
  8. Watford PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Still WIP because not sure about how the base with look because I've not done a figure that sort of hangs in the air given the steps and part wall. May be I need to move the steps and well scene back to the edge of the base and then fill up the base with foliage, grateful for advice re the base work.
    Cheers
    Roy

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  9. abbo Active Member

United-Kingdom
    How about some flagstones.easily done with a thin layer of milliput (other putties are available )
    Martin
  10. Watford PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Cheers Martin will look into that and I'll move the figure back to the top left corner to create a sort of court yard space. I am thinking of added one of the dog figures from the Mantis range so that should break up the space a bit and balance the scene.
    Again Ta for the tip.
    Cheers
    Roy
  11. frank h Well-Known Member

England
    Nicely done Roy
    see you at Euro

Frank
  12. Watford PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    How do Frank; yes see you at Euro. Are you entering any figures?
    Cheers
    Roy