1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Captain Smith Rms Titanic 1912

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Nap, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys ,

Started this one , its from Campaign Miniatures , and is of course the captain from the ill fated ship Titanic .

Comes as a 3 piece casting in Resin (the torso with head, the arms , the watch cover) .

I have added a watch chain

Primed in black as always , coat finished except buttons and rank on sleeve and buttons , medals done just beginning to start on the flesh .

Painting in Acrylics and water soluable oils

All comments welcome of course

Nap

X 003.jpg X 005.jpg X 004.jpg
    pmfs and billyturnip like this.
  2. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    Kevin, can I ask how you are getting on with the water soluble oils, I have just ordered some to try out.
  3. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Damn! That's a fine piece of sculpting;)
    Cheers
    Jim
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys ,

Bagelman1952 ..I have used soluable oils for quite a while now together with acrylics and find them ok , I sometimes use them as a final wash to bring everything together , if you put them on wet pallette then use W & N blending medium they mix well . As with all oils less is more .

I have found that when I first started using them as I was putting them on too thick it lifted any acrylics underneath .

Jimbo ,

Indeed young man a rather nice and interesting sculpt and subject ...have you painted yours yet ?;)

Nap
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi To all ,

Here is a couple of update pictures , not really had a chance to do much painting due to work and family things ..looking forard to the festive season.

All comments are of course very welcome

Nap

k 021.jpg k 004.jpg k 022.jpg
  6. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Nicely done Kev. I especially like how you have done the sleeve stripes and buttons. Whats all this I hear about you experimenting in soluble oils?? You- whose been trying to convert me to acryics for years now.