1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Captain Hussar 75mm Pegaso Update

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Aveleira, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi,

Now it's time to show the work I've been doing on the rider of the horse previously shown.
    It's a good challenge doing Hussars and I'm loving working on this one. I've taken it very slowly in order to achieve the best painting possible...I try to be very meticulous, probably there are some parts already painted but that I'm gonna work on them a little more, after it's all done...

h1.jpg h2.jpg h3.jpg h4.jpg

Best Regards
    Pedro
    Baron, Manfred, Tecumsea and 13 others like this.
  2. Nicolaos Well-Known Member

Good job, Pedro . I like it, particularly the face. Keep it on!
    Cheers!
  3. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    He's turning out nicely (y)!

Joe
  4. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    This figure will be a masterpiece Pedro.
    Abraço!
    Pedro
  5. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Wow! Great work Pedro!
    Outstanding blue... very difficult shade. Your fleshtones are very smooth, great character in the face. I really like the work on the braiding... Care to share how you treated the gold embroidery? It's still the thing I have the most problem with :unsure:
    It will look amazing when you join the rider to the great horse you've done... Can't wait!!!!!
    Following closely

Colin
  6. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Thank You very much guys for your comments. I forgot to say (don't know if you noticed it), but it ain't done yet, the braids are only base colour with some shadows.

Colin, I don't mind at all to share the mix of the braids:
    So, I make a mix for the base of mettlic gold with brown, then I make some shadows adding black to the base mix.
    After that I use a mix goldbrown by vallejo and a very light yellow, it becomes like coffe with milk colour, to some mid tones.
    Last steps is the highlights that are just that very light yellow to do the highlights.

I matter of fact is the tecnique used by Cartacci... Look at his book. Probably I do it my way but it's that more or less.

I'm also very eager to put ir on the horse to see how they look together, but I can't take the figure off the pin of the base...is glued... only in the
    end I will put them together.

BTW, I also worked the pelisse, but only the reds and the fur...no braids yet...

Regards
    Pedro
  7. Marco22 A Fixture

France
    a classic !
    a beauty !

I painted one a couple of years back... it was a great challenge (some pictures in my blog)

have a great time painting it !
    Marc
  8. Bailey A Fixture

United-States
    Really lovely work, can't wait to see more. I've been building this same figure... hoping to start painting after I finish a few current projects. Seeing what you've done and reading your descriptions is incredibly helpful. Fantastic job!
  9. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Beautiful painting Pedro.
    I am sure that he will look superb on the brilliant horse you showed us,
    Keith
  10. Osvald Active Member

Latvia
    Chic. I love it.
  11. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looks fantastic Pedro,

Billy :)
  12. fabrizio1969 A Fixture

Italy
    very fine start
  13. swralph A Fixture

14. Borek A Fixture

Czech-Republic
    Fantastic work, as always(y) . Great and finely painted details. Nice face. Cheers Borek
  15. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice indeed, like your style of painting.
    Cheers
    Tommi
  16. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great start. Have this in my GA and I don't have the guts to start it.

Marc
  17. Ferris A Fixture

Very very nice Pedro! I think the blue is particularly well done.

Adrian
  18. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Oh,I really do like this Pedro,the blue looks very good as does the rest of the figure,I will follow this with great interest :)
  19. Fokionas Well-Known Member

Greece
    Great painting!!!
  20. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Thank You guys :)

Regards
    Pedro