1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Captain ADC to Marshal Suchet 1811, 75mm Pegaso

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Aveleira, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi!!!

Well after a few earlier problems in painting this figure I got now the will to do it right and take my time... I guess this is all it's needed, besides the skill ;)
    I bring a photo of the Face of the figure, wanting you to comment please and help me get better.
    This is my first 75mm, and 4th figure....so i'm a newbie.

Plz comment, critique, good or bad, it's all welcome!

Pedro Aveleira

Attached Files:

2. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Off to a good start Pedro. The face is a little pale... maybe a little deeper shadow, try beige red (804), the hint of red may give a slightly more natural tone. I think when you paint in around the face... shako, moustache, hair, chinstrap etc, the face will appear even lighter.
    It may be the pics that are light, you can tell from your own eye.
    Besides that, the highlights are very smooth, looks good... look forward to seeing more as you progress with this one, a very nice figure to paint.

Good luck

Colin
    Aveleira likes this.
  3. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Looking forward to see more paint on this chap, it will going to be a nice one (y)
    Aveleira likes this.
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great start, but as Colin wrote a little pale in the face.

marc
    Aveleira likes this.
  5. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Allright PF friends, thanks for the comments and suggestions. . .I also noticed the pale skin and I agree, the photos aren't too good.
    Well I tried to correct a little the skin and painted the moustache and hair with base colour just to see the effect and really helps to see the global painting and to judge better how it is.
    Well I have to admit that I have a little difficulties in changing the tones of the face to a more redish or more tanned...But I don't deslike ate all of this tone.

Once again, give your opinion.

Pedro Aveleira

Attached Files:

ChaosCossack likes this.
  6. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    Big improvement from the first to the second set of pictures

Ken
  7. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Much better Pedro, wouldn't hurt to maybe go one more step darker, especially around the eyes, to give them some more depth.

Keep going

Colin
  8. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    There it is the jacket with the colour I found to be a god napoleonic blue. The photo may not show the exact tone...

Pedro

Attached Files:

ChaosCossack likes this.
  9. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Should be good... lots of folds to work on shadows and highlights. The braid will be a challenge but will look great when you're done

Colin
  10. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    One more pic with base colours in the "hat" and "shirt".

Attached Files:

ChaosCossack likes this.
  11. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    A little update on the "shirt" painting...just some highlights done... Ithink that I won't light it much more...just some touches here and there, then to the shadows. Some parts aren't hightlighted cause they will be under the jacket, so just the parts that gonna be seen are worked.

Pedro

Attached Files:

ChaosCossack likes this.
  12. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Looking good to date... take your time, this will look great if you keep going like this

Colin
  13. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Thanks Colin!! I really am taking a great amount a time for each part under painting. . . I won't have a new figure in my bench so soon I guess, this fellow it's not a easy one. . .
    How it is your polish lancer??

Pedro
  14. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    just 2 more pics of the jacket

Attached Files:

ChaosCossack likes this.
  15. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Funny you mention that... I finished him Friday night, Took him to an out of town Show and won a Gold Medal in the open mounted catagory... Suprised the hell out of me!!! I'll post some pics tomorrow.

You are doing a good job on this one, keep going and be patient, you'll be happy with the result.

Colin
  16. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Ahahah Congratulations!!! Thats really great!!! :) please post the pics soon, I want to see that. Here in Portugal I only know one place where there is a little show...and it's quite far away. Here people are more into RC Modelism... few people are into figures, unfortunatly. . .
    Thanks for the support, I am enjoying very much this figure, despite the initial problems...

Pedro
  17. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Hi Pedro, this is coming along very nicely, it is a great sculpt so it deserves the time and effort you are putting into it,

Congratulations on the Gold Colin, makes all that heartache worthwhile(y)

Keith