1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Captain ADC to Marshal Suchet 1811, 75mm Pegaso - Update I

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Aveleira, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi PF friends!!

Between classes, studying and modelling I show you an update of the painting/building process status. Much time I spent searching guidance on another fellow planeteers works and watching a video of danillo cartacci painting a figure... when i finally got courage I started painting the figure.
    I didn't use any paint sets, both for red or blue, so it was "my" mixing ( "" cause it was watching and reading I got to the mixes). I started yesterday the painting of the golds on the shako, but i'm not completely satisfied, and some touches will be made.
    The jacket is dryfited, but i'm seriously thinking in fix it now.
    Pls make all the comments you want, suggestions, critics....I really need them all!

So pics:
    adc16.jpg adc17.jpg adc18.jpg adc19.jpg adc20.jpg adc21.jpg adc22.jpg
    Ferris, ChaosCossack and Tommi like this.
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Awesome start on this not so easy figure. The face needs more contrast. I find it to pale.
    The trouser is perfectly painted.

Marc
  3. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Thank you Marc for the comment! Yes, I agree with you about the face... But I'm a little afraid to repainted the face. . .maybe a more reddish tones in the cheek and nose, and more dark under the eyes maybe or what??
  4. jcichon Active Member

United-States
    Yea Pedro, add some more contrast to the face. Needs some more color. Pants look really good. Maybe a touch more for deepest shadows but really good!
  5. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    Cracking good start

Ken
  6. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Excellent start Pedro.
    As others have said, just a little more shadow to the face (try mixing a little burnt cadmium red with beige red or your base flesh tone) this will give deeper shadow and some colour to the skin.
    The red and blue are very good. Keep going on the gold trim on the shako, looks like a good start.
    I would do all the braiding on the dolman before I fixed on the pellise. Once it's glued on, it will be hard to get at all the braiding.
    Congratulations, you are doing very well with a difficult figure. Keep going, be patient and keep posting progress with this one.

Colin