1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Camel Mounted Touareg Warrior - 75mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by phil_h, Mar 20, 2017.

1. jai A Fixture

Italy
    useful step by step to the dromedary that I will start
    stoffy01, anstontyke and phil_h like this.
  2. bricks tattoo Well-Known Member

Nice post. Thanks for sharing. I have a camel on deck. I'm sure this will help
    anstontyke and phil_h like this.
  3. phil_h A Fixture

United-States

You're very welcome Keith. I'm glad you've been enjoying things so far. I'm also glad you liked the palette. I love those colors and I use those particular colors in almost every piece I paint. (I think I could find a way to get Burnt Umber into anything!).
    Looking forward to your work on the sitting camel (y). Hopefully I'll have time to finish up the saddle and harness and then I'l be able to work on the rider! (Although I'm not in too much of a rush because the base that this thing is going on hasn't arrived yet...)

Regards,
    Phil
    Wings5797 and anstontyke like this.
  4. phil_h A Fixture

United-States

Thanks Borek, glad you like it so far!

Regards,
    Phil
    Borek and anstontyke like this.
  5. phil_h A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Jayhawk - I am having a lot of fun with this piece and I'm really looking forward to seeing it all (hopefully) come together!

Regards,
    Phil
    anstontyke likes this.
  6. phil_h A Fixture

United-States

Thanks much Dan, I'm glad your finding it instructive :). Since the rider's body is just a solid chunk of metal, drilling it out would be major hassle, so between that and being lazy (of course ;)) I'm passing on that particular task, and I'm just going to glue the hell out of it and hope for the best!
    anstontyke likes this.
  7. phil_h A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Tony! Doing SBS like this are are always a pleasure to do when I find the time. It's also the reason I love this forum too! I've picked up a lot of insightful observations, comments, techniques and much more since joining, and it's turned into a invaluable resource for me!

Regards,
    Phil
    anstontyke likes this.
  8. phil_h A Fixture

United-States

Thanks Christian. Did you start your RP French Dromedaire Regiment yet? That's an awesome figure and I'd love to see your version of it (y).

Regards,
    Phil
    KuK_Grenadier and anstontyke like this.
  9. phil_h A Fixture

United-States

Thank you very much Alan! "Thereby hangs a tale..." Ha - I bet! Should I even dare to ask?

Regards,
    Phil
    anstontyke likes this.
  10. phil_h A Fixture

United-States

Thanks Jai, I'm glad you find it useful.

Regards,
    Phil
    anstontyke likes this.
  11. phil_h A Fixture

United-States

You're welcome bricks - glad to help. Which model are you doing?
    Regards,
    Phil
    bricks tattoo and anstontyke like this.
  12. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for an excellent SBS. Since I have Hugo's camel to paint, your SBS will no doubt prove extremely useful when the time comes.
    phil_h, anstontyke and Oda like this.
  13. Oda A Fixture

Well Phil my man what can I say?I've been a little late in discovering this SBS but now I'm here and WOW mate!!!!Where do I start?At the fact that you are actually courageous to tackle something this big (huge by aby standards) with all its accompanying problems or that you are willing to take us all through this process step by step?Pure modelling sensation Phil.Thanks a lot mate!

Oda.
    stoffy01, phil_h and anstontyke like this.
  14. bricks tattoo Well-Known Member

I have an older 1/35 Heller plastic kit,and a Verlinden camal. Going to try a small vinette
    phil_h and anstontyke like this.
  15. KuK_Grenadier PlanetFigure Supporter

Austria
    Yes, it is started (glued and filled). For the paint it has to wait till i have finished my current project - metal models officer, artillery a cheval.
    napoleonpeart, phil_h and anstontyke like this.
  16. Chrisr PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    A very detailed and informative demonstration and explanation Phil. Many thanks for taking the time to do so, it is greatly appreciated. Looking forward to more of this stunning project.

Chris
    anstontyke, phil_h and Oda like this.
  17. phil_h A Fixture

United-States

Thanks clrsgt - I'm glad the SBS may help you out.

Regards,
    Phil
    anstontyke likes this.
  18. phil_h A Fixture

United-States

You're welcome buddy - better late than never! :) I'm glad you're enjoying it

Regards,
    Phil
    anstontyke and Oda like this.
  19. phil_h A Fixture

United-States

Thanks so much for the kind words Chris. To be honest, the part I'm looking most forward to is the oasis base/vignette I want to put the figure in, so hopefully I'll get to that part soon (along with the accompanying SBS for it)...

Regards,
    Phil
    anstontyke and Chrisr like this.
  20. stoffy01 PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Hi Phil,
    Just love it, the kit and your sbs, just love it. I'm happy just sitting back and watching this unfold, the stage is yours....
    Regards
    Chris.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    anstontyke, phil_h and Oda like this.