1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Butch Cassidy

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by gforceman, Jul 11, 2005.

1. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi all,

Andrea has a new acrylic paintset for skintones, so I had to try it. Butch Cassidy was primed several months ago, so he would become the testsubject. To me this is the best acrylic paint for skintones available at the moment. The paint dries to a satin finish, which is great for skintones. I have used blue, red, etc... from Vallejo but a very nice result is possible with only thepaint from the set. Some gloss varnish was also used to give a sweaty appearance. To me the shirt is finnished too, the hair and belt are only basecoated.

I would love to hear all your comments, etc... Many thanksin advance.

Greetz,

Gino.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Gino, I really like the colors. Are these sold separately or only in a set?~Gary
  3. T50 A Fixture

United-States
    Hi Gino
    The face is very nicely painted!
    The figure looks like Paul Newman... :)

T
  4. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi Gary,

As far as I know they are only in a set. I do hope they will sell them seperately as some colours are used more then others.

Best wishes,

Gino
  5. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Are the colors any different than what Andrea currently has on the market? Maybe you could post a photo of the paint bottles so we could all see ;)

Thanks,
    Jim Patrick
  6. bert New Member

Here is a link to Andrea site.

Andrea Flesh Pain set

Do you think, Gino, it is worth buying ? I saw it on sales at Historex Agents for £10.25, that's around 15€, which seems fairly reasonnable.

Best regards.

Bertrand
  7. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hello Bertrand,

Yes I do think it's worth the money. This paint seems to be a little bit thicker, almost creamy. As I said in my original post, they dry to a satin finnish which is very nice for skintones I think. I did like flesh parts better in oils as they had some kind of a sheen to them, but now we can have it also with acrylics. I will try to find the time (and energy) to do an SBS on painting a face with this paint and a couple Valejo colours. 15€ seems to be the right price. We sell them at 14.50€ so that is about the same. I don't post this to promote this paint in thehope it will sell beter, as I also sell Vallejo paint. I just find it a superior kind of acrylic paint.

Happy painting,

Gino
  8. bert New Member

From what I have seen, it seems the set contains 6 skin tones : 2 tones for the base color (pale or darker), 2 tones for the 1st and 2nd lights, 2 tones for the 1st and 2nd shadows.

It seems also that these are new flesh tones, to use "without worrying about mixing complex skin tones" as the Andrea ad says. Also said to dry to a satin finish.

I haven't tried it, so I don't know if it's worth having, or can we do without it ?
  9. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Looks good so far Gino.
  10. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi Bert,

I think mixing is still needed, but you can use these six colours. Personally I feel the difference between the colours is too big not to mix them. I like to try to get a more or less subtle transition and you need to mix then. It really dries to a satin finnish though.

Greetz,

Gino
  11. robbyk9 Active Member

Hi Gino

I also using the flesh-paint set of Andrea and I am very happy with it.
    I found out the mixing is nessesary but it is very easy. For the figure
    it is very nice painted.
    I like it that you using acrylics because your style is perfect for it in my opinion.
    This figure is going to be a masterpeace again.
    Keep on going Gino looking forward to see more.

Greetings Dick ;)