1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Bruiser Gus

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Bailey, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Bailey A Fixture

United-States
    I've taken a short break from the historical figures and I've been working on some fantasy ones instead. This is a little guy from Red Box Games called Bruiser Gus. He's about 25mm scale (as I said, he's a little guy). Painting was all done in acrylics. The sculpt had a patchwork feel to his clothing so I tried to carry that over into my painting. The base is scratch built from balsa wood, a little bit of green stuff, and some woodlands scenics grass. This was my first attempt at building a base like this and I'm pretty happy with the result. After seeing the figure's pose and comic look this scene was the first thing that came to mind.

Bruiser09.jpg

Bruiser04.jpg Bruiser05.jpg Bruiser06.jpg Bruiser07.jpg

If you like him, feel free to vote over at CMoN http://www.coolminiornot.com/321989

Thank you for taking a look!
    mark761214, Bobby, Uruk-Hai and 6 others like this.
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    I tip my hat for you.
    Great work on this little fellow.

marc
  3. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Well done on such a teeny tiny guy.:joyful:
    Cheers
    John
  4. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Beautiful work!

Pedro.
  5. Mike Stevens PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
  6. NickM Well-Known Member

Australia
    Well done, fantastic painting and at such a small scale!
  7. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Great work on this scale, he has a lot of detail and I love the colours that you have used to bring out his best
    Ben
  8. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent work sir. Good luck in the comp, best one I have seen so far.
  9. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  10. Bailey A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks everyone. Yeah, he's really small. I just started on a 54mm and I can't believe how much bigger it seems after working on this figure!

Thanks, Milosh. I wonder if the Red Box contest is going to have the explosion of entries like Kingdom Death did right at the end. I'm guessing KD's $25 credit just for entering really brought in the crowd.

Edorta, thanks. I've been making an effort to come up with some more interesting bases for my figures. I think this one tells an interesting story.
  11. clides Member

United-States
    O my God :nailbiting: ! Is really small and great, my heartfelt congratulations :happy:
    Salvatore
  12. T-34/85 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Fantastic! The level of detail you brought out is stunning, and at that scale! (y)(y)