1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Brom

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Glen, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Glen Active Member

United-States
    This is Brom, a perpetually pissed-off warrior dwarf from Enigma Miniatures. I picked it up from a vendor (Bobe's Hobby House) at the Dallas LoneStar Figure Show back in March. It is also available from Cool Mini or Not. It's cast in resin and has good detail. The facial features have a chiseled, angular look about them - much like the illustration I found on the interweb. Not sure about the scale; maybe 120mm / 1/16th based on head size. It's primed with Floquil Model Railroad Gray Primer and painted with Reaper Acrylics. Scaled back on the highlights some when the hair and beard started looking like it belonged in a women's shampoo commercial... The base is a woodcraft thread spool painted to look like a stone plinth.

Questions and comments welcomed.

Cheers,

Glen

Attached Files:

Jim Patrick, fanai, Steve and 2 others like this.
  2. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    That's one mean looking dude Glen. A great looking bust and some great panting.(y)

Cheers Ken
  3. phc35 Well-Known Member

United-States
    I think you did a better job than the box shows.I never paid much attention to the bust, but you have made me take notice again.

Jay
  4. SPrimeau Active Member

United-States
    Nice work, I love the beard!
    Looks like a fun one to paint.
    Scott
  5. sippog Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Nice. You resisted the temptation to go too dark with it - like I probably would.
    I like the 'marble' base
  6. fanai Well-Known Member

Australia
    Love you version a lot - lots of detail in this figure

Ian
  7. Glen Active Member

United-States
    Thanks everyone! It was fun to paint. There's skin, hair, leather, wood, metals, and bone, so there's a lot of materials and textures to play with in a small package.

@Jay: you had box art? All I had was a bubble pack with a piece of foam in it. I had to go on the web to get an idea of what the character was supposed to look like.

@Sippog: dang... it's supposed to be granite. :arghh:

Cheers,

Glen