1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

British Trench Sections

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Andrew Belsey, Apr 7, 2016.

1. fogie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I just love all this stuff - utterly compelling, mildly obsessive ( scale box of matches next ? ) Above all it's relevant history
    peedee, Jaybo and anstontyke like this.
  2. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Its total dedication to take on a project like these and keep adding wee touches of realism, just incredible, I couldn't see this type of thing through so my hat comes off to you.
    TERRY
  3. alamac Well-Known Member

Australia
    Stunning work
    Cheers
    Al
    peedee and anstontyke like this.
  4. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Superb modelling.

Mike
  5. Andrew Belsey A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for your encouragement guys.

For those who've ever visited my blog on Military Modelling and found it far too long and difficult to find anything of interest, I've made it easier to find things. I've closed that thread and started a new one which starts with an index. This links you to the main sections of the previous thread with one click. For those who are bored already, don't bother!:)

Here's a link to it http://www.militarymodelling.com/forums/postings.asp?th=127429

Andy
  6. Mat Lambert A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Such fine work Andrew - an inspiration for all into WW1.
    Look forward to more pics.
    Cheers
    Mat
  7. fogie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Been checking out your blog link. It's fascinating So far my favourite is your technique for
    creating 1/32 scale dandelions ..... magic .... pure magic !
  8. Borek A Fixture

Czech-Republic
    Amazing and very educational vignettes. It's great job in the all aspects of craft and art. Hat down, congratulations on the excellent workmanship and with deep respect for the awesome result done, I bent to the ground.

Cheers Borek ;)
  9. Andrew Belsey A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    [IMG] [IMG]

[IMG]

I'm not a very sharp figure painter these days, but have finished another figure - a Poilu for my French trench. He's looking at a tiny butterfly, which I created from a paper print. I've also added a butterfly to the groundwork above my British dugout. (I've explained about the butterflies on my Mil Mod blog - all very easy, although small.) The figures bring the scenes to life and I have always intended to add figures to each scene. I chose 1:32 scale, so I could use Tommy's War figures, which had just come onto the market. Now I work for Darren!

Andy B
    peedee, Jaybo, Borek and 3 others like this.
  10. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Said it before and I will say it again this work is outstanding and now we have 1:32 scale butterflies, where do you get the time to pursue these small masterpieces, I was at a lecture a couple of nights ago about the 36th Ulster Division and 16th Irish Division at Messines and Passchendaele and these trench sections really help feed peoples interest in WW1.
    TERRY
  11. bucsfan21 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Andrew, Thanks for sharing your work on WWI. I really like the details in your work! Appreciate you sharing these
    with us! They are awesome!(y)

Best of Everything, Terry Martin-member of the Atlanta Miniature Figure Society
  12. Andrew Belsey A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for your encouragement guys. I have another article in this month's Military Modelling magazine. This time it concentrates mainly on German trench construction and how I make groundwork.
    Here is a link to the magazine's contents http://www.militarymodelling.com/forums/postings.asp?th=128140

[IMG]

Terry, I work as an architectural modelmaker for my day job and I'm 'sad' enough to continue models into my lunchtimes, when I 'relax' making these creations. I would prefer to do this sort of historical work full time but there is little market for it these days.
    Andy B
    peedee, anstontyke and Borek like this.
  13. Andrew Belsey A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I took my sections to Euro Expo last weekend. Here is my display on our table which was there. 9 sections and 10 1:285 dioramas.
    [IMG]

I put primed or unpainted figures in the one's I'm working on, to give an idea of where they are heading.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

This German machine gun bunker is the least developed section and has a long way to go.

[IMG]
  14. Andrew Belsey A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I also had the privilege of making a base for Mike Butler's beautiful figures so he could enter the competition. We won a Silver together, but mainly down to Mike's amazing skill. This was a surprise for Mike. Darren and I kept it a secret until he got there!

[IMG]
    stoffy01, anstontyke, Huw63 and 3 others like this.
  15. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for supporting our display with these wonderful models Andy, It was a pleasure to meet you at last.

I would like to add these pics to my EME Photos thread if you don't mind.

Paul
    anstontyke and Huw63 like this.
  16. Andrew Belsey A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for organising the table Paul. Use the pics by all means.
    Andy B
    anstontyke likes this.
  17. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Posted now Andrew.

Paul.
    anstontyke likes this.
  18. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I've seen these in the flesh a couple of times - the photos barely do them justice.

Mike
    anstontyke, Huw63 and peedee like this.
  19. Huw63 A Fixture

I must agree seeing them for flesh at Folkestone was quite an education.

Cheers

Huw
  20. Andrew Belsey A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for the votes of confidence gentlemen. I built them to educate and they are certainly doing that. I couldn't manage the small scale diorama but that has a labeled lid too. See below. You look through the lid to what's below.

[IMG]