1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

British Soldier Northern Ireland

Discussion in 'Digis - Digital Miniatures 3D Modeling' started by BobLff257, Jan 21, 2016.

1. badger Well-Known Member

Scotland
    I joined the marines in 1972 and we were issued s.l.r. and had to take it everywhere with us, I went in our locker and snap inspections had to try and find dust in it ,or that dreaded word RUST , god help anyone who had a weapon that was below standard. we used to put durex over the muzzle at night so that dust would not settle in the barrel at night. on the ranges the barrel would overheat fairly quickly. but it was yours, your responsibility, your best friend.
    Mat Lambert, anstontyke and Scotty like this.
  2. Mat Lambert A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I'm glad you agree Paul - thought you might. To my eyes it just looks well proportioned - and worked for ceremonial occasions too e.g. when the foot guards at Bucks palace were on duty. The SA80 I think looks very incongruous at Trooping the Colour etc - all green and plasticky - and they can't even hold it comfortably or put it down.
    Cheers
    Mat
    anstontyke and peedee like this.
  3. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ohhhhh Mat I just love it when you talk dirty ;)

Except all the real soldiers used them to for parade and Royal Duties you know...... not jus wi a wee tea cosy to keep you warm outside an English Palace and the sun out of your eyes in case you got a bit giddy.

Paul.
    Scotty, anstontyke and Mat Lambert like this.
  4. Mat Lambert A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    you crack me up

I'm sure you looked just as smart Paul when you had yours - I've just got a thing for bearskin

Cheers
    Mat
    anstontyke likes this.
  5. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Smutty monkey !
    Mat Lambert and anstontyke like this.
  6. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    On the Seventh day the Lord he rested......to design the L1A1.

The reason Durex was placed over the muzzle was to protect wandering maidens from immaculate conceptions by their proximity to 'The weapon'.

Paul.
  7. Panzer Active Member

United-States
    Very nice figure indeed!
    When will it be available?
    peedee likes this.
  8. MAX.I.G Well-Known Member

Latvia
    Thank you Rob, for giving me chance to draw this figure, i see all like it! Now i sculpt small scales, less details and cartoon proportions, so i miss for large scale orders. It is always challenge for sculptor.
    peedee likes this.
  9. BobLff257 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Figure now available from " The Imperial Gallery "

Rob
  10. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Lovely Bob, I shall have one of these in 120mm shortly.

Paul.