1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique British Soldier Afghanistan.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by BobLff257, Feb 5, 2010.

1. BobLff257 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi everyone, just finished painting this 120mm Modern British soldier. I have not painted a figure for a couple of years so I am a bit rusty, so go easy on me.

Attached Files:

Argyll, gordy, Guy and 2 others like this.
  2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Fantastic effort Rob. The sculpting on this figure is superb and your painting has reaaly brought out the details. For someonewho hasn't painted for so long, you've really done a great job.

I can't wait to get stuck into my one.
  3. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Great painting on a contemporary subject, very well done.
    Carl.
  4. BobLff257 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Brit. Soldier Afghanistan

Thanks fellows for your kind comments. Still not happy with my photos, sorry to be a pain but I attach another photo using different settings to see if it looks any better

Rob.

PS Tony, still not sure if I am receiving e-mails.

Attached Files:

• pf01.jpg
      pf01.jpg
      File size:
      199.2 KB
      Views:
    • pf02.jpg
      pf02.jpg
      File size:
      201.4 KB
      Views:
    • pf03.jpg
      pf03.jpg
      File size:
      204.2 KB
      Views:
    • pf04.jpg
      pf04.jpg
      File size:
      202.3 KB
      Views:
    • pf05.jpg
      pf05.jpg
      File size:
      179.4 KB
      Views:
  5. diamond cutter Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Looks awsome dude!!!
    Any chance of you painting for Spearhead lol!!!
  6. Hardy Guest

Excellent work Rob. I cut my teeth on yours and Dave Garret's figures, so sad on his early passing. Hardy
  7. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice work on this one Rob, i think the second set of images show the cammo pattern more. I am itching to get a 1/16 modern brit sculpted and this has spured me on some.

lovely figure mate.

Steve(y)
  8. specmod Active Member

Australia
    Very Very Nice

Now ,you say you havent painted in some time, well l dont think you have lost your touch, that is one very very nice figure indeed, absolutly love it. Where can l get this one , have to have it in my collection for sure, great to see modern stuff hitting the market. Please let me know where this can be purchased from.

Cheers Andrew
  9. Argyll Member

Scotland
    I can't wait till this one is released
  10. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Nice work on the painting Rob, very convincing colours and camo.

Cheers David
  11. dioman135 Member

United-States
    Very nice job, and excellent pictures too.

Chip
  12. BobLff257 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Many many thanks for all your very complimentory comments. I am so out of practice with painting it seemed that I did everything twice to get a satisfactory result. Its taken me as long to make as to paint so I will have to find a painter to help me produce future projects sitting on the workbench, so sorry Pete I have to turn you down!. I have a couple of sculptors also sculpting projects for me so I will be doing all the mundane things soon to get them into production. The business is, at present, reorganising and I hope to re-establish trade distributors to increase availability in other countries but the figure should be obtainable soon, awaiting metal components, direct from myself. Big thanks to Hardy for your kind comments remembering Dave who was such a massive influence to me. Anyway, I am starting to ramble now so I will sign off. Many thanks again,

Rob.