1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

British Para from Young Miniatures

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by RobertC33, Feb 19, 2017.

1. RobertC33 Well-Known Member

HongKong
    Title : [YM1864]British Paratrooper Operation Market Garden 1944
    Size : 1/10 Scale
    Material : Resin
    Weight : 200g
    Pieces : 10
    Sculpted by Young B Song

Painted by Kirill Kanaev

YM1864-1.jpg YM1864-2.jpg YM1864-3.jpg YM1864-8.jpg
    Ferris, T50, Mazayas and 6 others like this.
  2. Reptor A Fixture

Japan
    Great minis, another masterpiece by Young ! Very good sculpt and paint for this bust ! Thank for the news !(y):love:
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Amazing work.

Marc
  4. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Perhaps some ex-para lads or military historians on this site would know, but is there any photographic or training evidence to support the Sten Gun being carried/secured like this for a parachute jump? I say this as I can envisage a number of circumstances where the weapon carried thus could detach or even break the bloke's jaw or shatter his teeth on impact with the ground.

The bust itself is tremendous (as is the paintjob) and I ask the question in a constructive manner.

Gary
    1969 likes this.
  5. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    They did...:

Original pics just before start to "Operation Market Garden"...:

[IMG]

[IMG]

And this (I think the template for the bust) from "Imperial War Museum"...:

[IMG]

And the US-Paras did also, picture of a member of the 101. before start to Normandy at D-Day...:

[IMG]

Cheers
    Redcap and 1969 like this.
  6. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Yes Gary this was a approved method for jumping in light order, was even in practice in late eighties/early nineties as I remember being trained in a similar method but with SA80 and PLCE webbing for jumping in light order.
    Have to admit though wouldn't have wanted to put it into practice as there was plenty of potential for facial injuries if weapon became loose or detached during landing.

Nice bust by Young (y)

Cheers
    Steve
    Redcap, valiant and Helm like this.
  7. Helm A Fixture

England
    ^ Wot 'e said less the bit about the toy gun they had as I never knew that.
    1969 likes this.
  8. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Not sure this would be a good idea with a SLR, asking for trouble, only suitable for more compact weapons like the toy SA80 :D
    Helm likes this.
  9. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for the replies lads and one learns something all the time. As Steve R said though......what could possibly go wrong jumping with an SMG attached like this !

Cheers.
    Gary
    Helm and 1969 like this.