1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique British Gurkha Engineer completed

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by mil-mart, Jan 26, 2010.

1. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Well he's finally completed ( I hope ). A lot more detail work than I'm generally used to, hence the length of time taken. However I've really enjoyed this sculpt as well as the reading up and the research into various Gurkha regiments.
    Many thanks for looking and I welcome all comments .

Cheers Ken

Attached Files:

blabsy, Bluesking, ubbi and 5 others like this.
  2. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    More pics

More Pics

Attached Files:

3. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    lovely finish to this one ken and about time someone did a Gurkha in bust form.
    Not sure if its the images but his eyes look closed in some, cant tell properly.

nice work mate, whats next ?

Steve(y)
  4. red tom Active Member

United-Kingdom
    ayo gurkhali! the pouch makes all the difference mate. When do I get to see it? I see I am not no-mates any more. Cheers pal
  5. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Bloody brilliant Ken. Awesone sculpting. You've nailed it.
  6. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very nicely done Ken! The details are great, and the tilt of the hat just sets him off! Well done.

Jay H.
  7. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Are you bringing this little beauty tomorrow?
    Carl.
  8. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Steve, thanks for the comments, His eyes are open, unfortunately I've tried taking close up pics but they either turn out Blurry or convexed. I blame the camera.;) Nothing in mind for my next sculpt, hmmm.

Tom , cheers mate and many thanks again for supplying the reference material (y)

Tony, appreciate you comments matey, glad you llke him.

Many thanks Ken
  9. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Jay, appreciate the comments, glad you like him (y)

Carl Cheers and yes he'll be there. :)

Many thanks Ken
  10. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice indeed Ken :)

Mark
  11. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi Ken,

absoluting fantastic(y)awesome sculpting you have done, I love it(y):)
  12. Nap Moderator

England
    Gurkha

Ken ,
    Been watching this with admiration , its a lovely subject and needed to be done , is this going commercial because it will sell for sure , if so perhaps a picture of the soldier its based on plus references etc .

I would love to paint this up , how about getting a casting done , I am sure that the museum at Winchester would be interested in carrying some .

I wanna paint it ...........(y)

Love the pouch belt , really would like to see this up close and personal ...keep sculpting mate .....leaps and bounds is all I can say .

Nap
  13. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Mark, many thanks :)

Pedro, much appreciated.

Kev, if no one comes forward in the next few days, I'll look into having him cast myself. :) You'll have to go to Crewe now. (y)

Many thanks Ken
  14. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ken i completely understand about the eyes mate and can see form the images that the medium you sculpted in would be hard to photograph as it has quite a gloss to it, what did you sculpt him in ?

Anyway in no way do i want to critique this work mate as i think you did a top job nailing the Gurkha features and i also think commercially this would do well.

All the best mate

Steve(y)
  15. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Steve, absolutely no problem with your comments about the eyes, I just replied that they were open but due to my poor picture taking it wasn't as clear as it could have been. Without this sounding like the Steve and Ken mutual appreciation society, I'm a great admirer of your work and know from reading your threads and comments that you only give a fair and constructive critique. Cheers mate.(y)
    BTW it's Magic-Sculpt and green stuff.
    Ken
  16. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom

I thought this at first but was thrown off by the very lightness of green, i take it you use more MS than Greenstuff in the mix, I must admit i do prefer a bit of greenstuff mixed into the MS to get a smoother finish and it helps to see the details easier when working on the putty.

"Steve and Ken mutual appreciation society" hey it might work but we would be limited membership wise :D"

All the best mate,

Steve(y)
  17. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    "Steve and Ken mutual appreciation society" hey it might work but we would be limited membership wise "
    Can I join?
    Carl.
  18. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    O.K then the Steve, Ken and Carl Mutual Appreciation Society . ... . ...................... ANY MORE. :D
  19. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    :D Yeah, go on count me in too :D

Roger.
  20. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Shouldn't really, ok then the Steve, Ken, Carl and Roger Mutual Appreciation Society................... Any more :D