1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Britain’s Got (?) Talent......

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Graham, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Graham A Fixture

England
    I see that, arguably, the most pointless and obnoxious tv program, Britain’s Got Talent,is coming back on TV in the UK this coming Saturday. This means that I am going to have to buy more busts/figures to ensure I have something to escape to. I wonder if Simon Cowel would be prepared to compensate me for the financial burden his cheep talent show has cost me?

For those not in the UK, count your blessings.......
    Range Rat, Mirofsoft, swralph and 3 others like this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Graham

You mean it's a real TV programme ....thought more a fantasy .....

I am willing to risk financial ruin to stay away from the TV for the evening ........thank goodness for small mercys !

Nap
    Range Rat, Mirofsoft and Graham like this.
  3. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    :p I hear your pain Graham.
    Luckily I live in a TV free house (although stuff is still accessible via t'tinterweb if it looks like wasting some of my life in front of) I just don't know how folks manage to get anything done with one in the house!

Anyway there's the local clubs model show on at the weekend so I'll try and pick up a few more figures for the dark days ahead . . . .

Incidentally anyone who fancies popping down to Poole on Saturday be sure to say hello (I'll probably be floating about the Poole Vikings stand wondering if anyone has anything to expand the grey army ranks)

Cheers
    Paul

ps - That's my Celt in the corner of the flyer :D
    30516087_1310560379088493_1338419591637893120_n.jpg
    napoleonpeart and Graham like this.
  4. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    A TV free house what a dream. We have three often all on at the same time my wife is a TV addict and it is on all the time she is awake and often when she's not... LOL. Most of it is enough to put anyone to sleep. I've just had a garden Room built so that the dog and l can escape, more painting done in the past six weeks than in the last two years.

Man cave here l come
    Tommi, napoleonpeart, Helm and 2 others like this.
  5. fogie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    How about a bust of Simon Cowel...... See... it could be worse !!
    Graham likes this.
  6. Graham A Fixture

England
    Oh god, I wish I hadn’t read that.........
  7. hypertex Active Member

United-States
    Yeah, we here in the US are soooo blessed. There is plenty going on here from which I seek to escape.
    Graham likes this.
  8. Huw63 A Fixture

If you think Britain’s got talent is bad you should see the German version ! Apparently once a man who paled tunes by farting won, another time a man and a dog won and the dog died soon after.

The main juror makes Simon Cowell seem a real man. This guy was once in the house with his model girlfriend and burglars got in - he ran off naked into woods and hid, she got slapped around and robbed! Easy to be a tough guy surrounded by flunkies.

Cheers

Huw
    Tecumsea and Graham like this.
  9. Graham A Fixture

England
    My thoughts are with you.........
  10. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    Actually Graham farting on stage was considered an art form. La Petomaine wowed the Edwardian music Hall stage apparently. And I've been known to do a little turn in a purely amatuer capacity of course.
    Graham and napoleonpeart like this.
  11. Graham A Fixture

England
    Mmmmmm, sounds like fun...... fancy a duet? :)
    bagelman1952 and napoleonpeart like this.
  12. fogie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This post has taken a turn that reminds me of the time when Her Grace the Duchess of Wherever inadvertantly
    farted at an Embassy dinner party. Without hesitation she turned to the butler and said "Phillips, stop that this
    instant !!"..... "Certainly, your Grace" he said " Which way did it go? "
    Graham and bagelman1952 like this.
  13. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    while I never watched the German version of that show I think that Huw mixed up two events in the life of the German main juror Dieter Bohlen:
    In 2002 he fled together with his girl friend naked into the woods to escape from "burglars" who were in real Police raiding the house due to a false alarm. In 2006 he was really robbed by armed criminals but stood up against them to make them leave...and this time he wasn`t naked:).

In real life he might be a good guy - the TV-show surely is crap as are most of the adaptions of "successful" shows from abroad.

Cheers, Martin
    Graham likes this.
  14. Range Rat Active Member

United-Kingdom
    "Britains got Talent" were up a big creek without a paddle then.
    Graham likes this.