1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Review Bring on the Girls -"Amber and Summer" with Savage Forged Mini's

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Nap, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi to one and all ,

Following on from my recent review of Andre from Savage Forged Mini's at this link

http://www.planetfigure.com/threads/andre-from-savage-forged-minis.67628/watch-confirm

Dennis Zarnowski from Savage Forged Mini's Savage Forged 014.jpg has also sculpted and released a couple of busts and ones which I am going to enjoy sharing !!!!.....they are 2 young ladys ...Amber and Summer

As with Andre they were received in a clear bag with the usual fast shipping from the company , well packed for safety against the ravages of the PO !!!

What are we looking at :

Title: Amber

Scale: 60mm high

No of pieces: 2

Material: Gray Resin

Sculptor: Dennis Zarnowski

Box Art: None Available

and

Title: Summer

Scale: 55 mm high

No of pieces: 2

Material: Gray Resin

Sculptor: Dennis Zarnowski

Box Art: None Available

Lets look at "Amber" first:

Consisting of 2 parts the torso and the base , the sculpt has a fantasy feel about it which I like , prep needed was the removal of the torso from the formers and then a quick sanding on this area and the base .
    FORGED MINI 001.jpg
    After a wash to remove any residue the figure is ready for priming and then painting .

Looking at the sculpting Dennis has achieved a nice result on the hair in particular , styled up , lovely work on the fringe and the curls are seen throughout ...in fact I feel the hair really makes this piece , there is a slight casting line to deal with on the hair but nothing too drastic. FORGED MINI 004.jpg FORGED MINI 005.jpg
    FORGED MINI 002.jpg
    Facial features are good , fairly pronounced lips , nice eye details FORGED MINI 006.jpg , clothing is a nice touch as well with a collar style leading onto an almost toga like dress , good folds are evident , under these folds we see a textured surface perhaps armour ...its up to you !!.

This is a simple bust and a nice painters subjects you can really go wild on the very nice hair sculpting and also on the skin tones.

The base is a nice touch in keeping with the bust ..fantasy in style various indentations are worked into the resin , you could go to town on the finish ..perhaps a marble effect or just lots of dry brushing and washes .

FORGED MINI 007.jpg FORGED MINI 008.jpg

Lets move on now to the 2nd release "Summer"
    FORGED MINI 009.jpg
    This sculpt was inspired by numerous visits to the beach by Dennis and what a great way to get research done ....I won't include any reference pictures as I might get raided by the PC police!!! but leave it up to you to google it ......I recommend it ...I suffered for my hobby !!!!

Summer also consists of 2 pieces this time the torso and the tie for the top she is "just" wearing!!!

Prep was the same as Amber removing the torso from the former as well as a bit of sanding on the knot , there is no base with this release . There is also a thin casting line to carefully sand down on the shoulders .

Once sanded slightly the knot fitted into the cleavage area very nicely .

Summer or perhaps that should be sunshine as she certainly spreads that when she is on the beach is another sculpt where the hair really is well done , curls everywhere well formed , blowing in the wind slightly ...I see her as a golden blonde with a brightly coloured silk top which as you can see is struggling a bit to control her assetts!!!!!

Savage Forged 002.jpg Savage Forged 004.jpg Savage Forged 006.jpg Savage Forged 008.jpg
    Sculpting is great on the hair , pretty facial features , perhaps the eyes could have done with a bit more defintion on the eyelids but hey who is looking at her eyes!!!!
    Savage Forged 001.jpg Savage Forged 003.jpg Savage Forged 007.jpg

At her neck ( that is the bit above her assetts guys !!!!!) she wears a beaded necklace , nice details with this being well worked Savage Forged 005.jpg
    The clothing she "just" wears is straining as I said with good work on this ( it must be hell working on a subject like this eh !!) , on the knot there are nice folds the material hangs naturally .
    FORGED MINI 011.jpg
    This is a subject that will provide a lot of enjoyment particularly when researching (don't put in "busts" though!!!) and of course also in the resulting painting.

Final thoughts

Savage Forged Mini's are a welcome breath of fresh air to our hobby and to the subjects available , lots of fun no matter what you paint

The products are well cast , reasonable in cost and give the painter something to enjoy and display

.www.savageforgedminis.de

e mail: savageforgedminis@yahoo.de

Facebook: www.facebook.com/SavageForged

Thanks to Savaged Forged Mini's for the review pieces , I enjoyed doing these ..now I am off to a dark room !!!!

Also of course to you all for looking in

Nap
  2. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I suppose I better say what everyone else is thinking....."What a lovely bust", and the other one's a cracker too ;)

Nice review, as always, Kev (y)
  3. Nap Moderator

England

Oh yes indeed .glad you said it ..I was tempted but my nerves would not stand it!!!

No probs on review

Nap
    SavageForgedMinis likes this.
  4. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Summers arms are a little thin but who is looking there :rolleyes: