1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"Birdman of Badajoz"

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by yeo_64, Jul 27, 2005.

1. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hi guys :lol: ! Following the World Expo and all the GREAT stuff that I'd managed to purchase there,I decided to do a Peninsular War vignette. The figure concerned is of a rifleman of the 2nd Light Battalion,KGL. As not all troops were issued the Baker rifle at that moment in time,I decided to depict mine equipped with a Brown Bess musket. The figure is made from 2-part epoxy putty and the usual wire armature method. The basic torso was made from the old Airfix Coldstream Guardsman figure set,as was the socket bayonet(slightly modified). The waterbottle is another Airfix item(heavily modified) and the cartridge pouch is from Historex(heavily modified). The figure head is from Hornet,the hands are from Verlinden,and the boots,mug and Brown Bess musket are from Michael Roberts Ltd. The rest of the figure is from putty and some thin wire. The flying birds are a cool new item from Minie' Ball miniatures (Flying Quails). The house ruin and wooden bucket are from Armand P. Bayardi and the broken pot is an item from Wolf miniatures that I had in my spares box. The basic mock-up gives the idea of the scene that I have in mind. I'll be working on the groundwork next,using more COOL scenic material that I got at the Expo. Thanks for looking and cheers !
    Kenneth :)

[IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thats a fantastic scene Kenneth. I like the accessories you have picked up to make the scene tell a story. Great sculpting and I look forward to seeing it develop more.
  3. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Kenneth i'm a big fan of you subjects and sculpting. I really like your scene. I can't wait to see it all painted :)
  4. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    Hello Kenneth,

I echo what the others said. You have created a very pretty an likeful scene.

I love the combinaton of the soldier, the birds and the little "Dragon" backside of the wall.

I´m looking forward to seeing the development of the complete szene.

Sunny regards,
    Markus
  5. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Guy,my friend,THANK YOU very much for the encouragement;I really appreciate it ! Cheers.
    Kenneth.
  6. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thank you,Xenofon;your comments are always greatly appreciated ! Cheers.
    Kenneth.
  7. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thank you very much,Markus ! The idea came about after I was inspired by all the GREAT work that I saw displayed at the World Expo. Hopefully,I won't disappoint. Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  8. Pete_H New Member

I see another silver medal on the horizon.

Outstanding work!!! I can't wait to see this one finished.
  9. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Kenneth,

This is great man. Now i have to wait till you pick up the paintbrushes.

Marc
  10. johnnyboy New Member

hi kenneth looks good man,cant wait to see it finished take care man johnny
  11. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Good stuff Kenneth! that's a terrific little scene. I really like the work you've done on the shako and blanket roll :)
  12. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Kenneth...so much exciting detail in such a small space...and a nice relaxed pose for the figure.
    It's looking great...well done.

All the best.

Roy.
  13. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thank you very much,Pete;your comments and encouragement are always greatly appreciated :) ! Cheers !
    Kenneth :lol:
  14. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Marc,my friend,thank you very much :lol: ! I'll work on the groundwork first before the brushes come into "play". Cheers.
    Kenneth.
  15. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thanks,Johnny,my friend :) :) !! Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  16. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thank you very much,Leigh; I'm really having ALOT of fun doing this vignette at the moment :lol: :lol: !!! Cheers.
    Kenneth :)
  17. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thank you very much,Roy; your comments are always greatly appreciated :) :) !! Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  18. Jacek Spychalski Member

Poland
    Kenneth ! This is AWESOME WORK ! WOW! :eek: and again WOW!
    I can't wait to see this one finished.

Best regards

Jacek
  19. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thank you very much,Jacek !! You really honour me with your encouragement. Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  20. ArturM Well-Known Member

Poland
    Great work! I really like it. Beautiful composition.

Cheers
    Artur